Vinatieri ready to sign

Bizwah

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He didn't.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was beginning to think Adam was on the same plane as Ty Law.

Maybe he is.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
At one point a year or so back, he was negotiating to buy a castle in Scotland that was for sale... really, I'm not kidding, he might even have bought it, they never have announced who the buyer was after the sale... a 700 year old castle, in fact, with a giant oak in front of it in which Robert the Bruce reportedly signed a treaty or charter or some such...

If he did buy it, you would properly refer to him as John Travolta, Baron of Lee...

I'm not kidding about that part either, the title goes with the castle... I don't remember the details of the selling price, but it went really cheap, like less than 10 million... and it was a pretty big place, thoroughly modernized, with a very modern security system and broadband access and heliport and all that crap...

Only thing it was missing was its own private 9 hole golf course, LOL...

All I know is Travolta is one lucky man. Kelly Preston is a jaw dropper! I saw her recently in the family movie "Sky High" and she played the same thing she is in real life, a fortysomething mom with kids, and man.... I don't think there's a hotter fortysomething mom with kids than Preston. Where is that drool emoticon TB was workin' on?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Thanks for the clarification.

I was beginning to think Adam was on the same plane as Ty Law.

Maybe he is.

thats a longshot even for me to report.....

The other consideration for those who state AdamV will sign with Green Bay because he wants to be "closer to home" is that he no longer lives there and hasn't in some time.......

His permanent home is in in Florida, which is further from Wisconsin than New England. That is where he spends his offseasons.

JJ's jet - Made 2 stops in Florida yesterday;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
thats a longshot even for me to report.....

The other consideration for those who state AdamV will sign with Green Bay because he wants to be "closer to home" is that he no longer lives there and hasn't in some time.......

His permanent home is in in Florida, which is further from Wisconsin than New England. That is where he spends his offseasons.

JJ's jet - Made 2 stops in Florida yesterday;)
Yes, it did. One was to his home there. Well documented now. The other was to Palm Beach. If you want to maintain Vinatieri was in Palm Beach then post your proof. We know he was scheduled to meet with the Bucaneers. That's Tampa, not Palm Beach.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Vinatieri is stupid if he leaves for the jack. He's a legend in Boston. That's a great sports town. He's one of the few kickers who can claim legend status. The man should just take less and stay with the Pats. He'll get free drinks on the house for the rest of his life.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Vinatieri would have legendary status in NE no matter where he goes.

People forget that the cost of living in Boston is outrageous and arguably the highest in the country along with Manhattan and the San Francisco area. Signing him for more money than the Pats are offering is actually a major difference.

Furthermore, reports have it that in their first offer, the Pats didn't give him a signing bonus.

Rich........

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
All I know is Travolta is one lucky man. Kelly Preston is a jaw dropper! I saw her recently in the family movie "Sky High" and she played the same thing she is in real life, a fortysomething mom with kids, and man.... I don't think there's a hotter fortysomething mom with kids than Preston. Where is that drool emoticon TB was workin' on?

She beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

Tommy-the-Greek

Reaction score
This would be a huge pick up for the Cowboys. This one player could mean 2+ wins a season. This could solve one of the Cowboys biggest weaknesses in one swift swoop of Jerry's pen.

If the Boys don't do whatever it takes to bring him to Dallas the fans should tar and feather the FO.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I wonder if Jeff Gordon's wife started tracking some of those numbers in the divorce. ;)

Yeah, she caught him California with Jimmie Johnson (not JIMMY)- :D

Cowchips

Reaction score
Consider that with Vinitieri this team probably would have gone 13-3 or 12-4 last year. Then decide how important he is!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I'd bet dollars to donuts that Vinatieri would have legendary status in NE no matter where he goes.

People forget that the cost of living in Boston is outrageous and arguably the highest in the country along with Manhattan and the San Francisco area. Signing him for more money than the Pats are offering is actually a major difference.

Furthermore, reports have it that in their first offer, the Pats didn't give him a signing bonus.

Rich........

Cost of Living do not apply in Boston for Adam V. He has paid for homes in multi states. South Dakota, Florida, and Metro Boston. Thats all paid for - and that cost of living is an asset to him. He has a great community and comfort factor there. He's a Northerner and avid outdoorsman - little known fact..... He makes a $1M ay ear in local endorsements and can bank that for life.

We are going to need to step up and outbid Pats for Adam's services. I hope his visit goes well in Dallas and we get this done. JJ needs to get the $$$$$$ out.

I'd have an offer in the fax to Vanderjack tonight if this doesn't get done.

Reaction score
Anyone have a guess how much cheaper Vanderdrunk would be than Vinatieri? Wonder what happens to Vanderdrunk when you make him kick outdoors...as well what happens to Vinatieri when you remove him from cold weather and make him kick out of a sauna?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
ESPN.com Rumor Mill

s3727.jpg

<Mar. 9> After releasing Willie McGinest in a cost-cutting move, the Patriots will turn their attention to re-signing Vinatieri, the Boston Globe reports.

Negotiations have been slow, as the Patriots have been reluctant to make any long-term deals because of the labor uncertainty. Vinatieri was paid a little more than $2.5 million last season, and it might take a ridiculous offer for the Patriots not to bring him back.
Vinatieri said he would have been open to receiving the franchise tag for the second straight year, but the Patriots elected not use use the marker on their Pro Bowl place-kicker. Even though this year's free-agent market will be rich with kickers, Vinatieri will have plenty of suitors. Dallas will be among several teams that would try to sign the game's top clutch kicker.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan said:
Pats want to keep Vinatieri

s3727.jpg

<Mar. 9> After releasing Willie McGinest in a cost-cutting move, the Patriots will turn their attention to re-signing Vinatieri, the Boston Globe reports.

Negotiations have been slow, as the Patriots have been reluctant to make any long-term deals because of the labor uncertainty. Vinatieri was paid a little more than $2.5 million last season, and it might take a ridiculous offer for the Patriots not to bring him back.
Vinatieri said he would have been open to receiving the franchise tag for the second straight year, but the Patriots elected not use use the marker on their Pro Bowl place-kicker. Even though this year's free-agent market will be rich with kickers, Vinatieri will have plenty of suitors. Dallas will be among several teams that would try to sign the game's top clutch kicker.
"<Mar. 9>"

'nuff said. :)

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I'm really suprised team leader tom brady hasnt voiced his displeasure at the possibility of hin getting away. As much as we need him, i have a hard time seeing the apts just letting him walk like this. I think adam at least gives the pats a chance to macth before signing with another team.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
I'm really suprised team leader tom brady hasnt voiced his displeasure at the possibility of hin getting away. As much as we need him, i have a hard time seeing the apts just letting him walk like this. I think adam at least gives the pats a chance to macth before signing with another team.

Sometimes a change of scenery is nice....
Winning one with the guy who drafter you...
Sometimes going to a REAL Dynasty is enticing.... the whole "small room to the ballroom" - the big room in Vegas... etc.....

just my thoughts