Vinatieri ready to sign

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Maybe after years of kicking in bitter cold in New England, Adam would prefer to ply his trade in a warmer clime, and would be willing to accept slightly less money to do so...

Bluntly, you don't know Vinatieri (who might well hate being referred to as "Vin", so it's silly of you to say unequivocally that he won't sign with Dallas...

Doesn't Texas have no state income taxes? That might also play into it. If you figure w/o that a there is the possibility that JJ could offer a little less and still equal the same amount that another team might offer and be about the same amount because of that lack of tax. What is the state income tax situation in WI or MA?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You do it all the time. Oh, and go back and look. You gave the Vikings owner's plane number, not Snyder's.

Taking a shot at BrainPaint isn't necessary.

Hos - :laugh2: I'll recap for you

No shot at Brainpaint - a reference to my powers of PI;)

Snyders plane # was all over here lately = see JJ plane thread if interested.

N520JG - Joe Gibbs (not very active)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Hos - :laugh2: I'll recap for you

No shot at Brainpaint - a reference to my powers of PI;)

Snyders plane # was all over here lately = see JJ plane thread if interested.

N520JG - Joe Gibbs (not very active)
Whatever you say Nors.

The fact is you post stuff like..."Anyone have Longwell's stats?"...all the time.

I called you on it once before by asking..."Are your hands broken?"

You responded that you were "busy."

I was pulling your leg, but as usual you feel the need to be hurt. Be my guest, cry your eyes out.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Guys, I want a kicker as bad as anyone, (and would love Vinateiri), but to act like our season is ruined if we don't sign one of the 3 or 4 "name" kickers on the market is silly, knee-jerk, typical fan talk.

Yes, we were snake bit last year at kicker, but that was an anomoly. We did fine for the past 15 years or so with several different kickers.

There are a lot of good kickers out there. Yes, even young kickers. Did anyone watch the Skills competition a few weeks ago? The kicker from Memphis was outstanding.

Don't panic, if these guys sign elsewhere, we will still upgrade the position.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
WOW common sense! that a new concept! Totaly Agree, Good post CA

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Doesn't Texas have no state income taxes? That might also play into it. If you figure w/o that a there is the possibility that JJ could offer a little less and still equal the same amount that another team might offer and be about the same amount because of that lack of tax. What is the state income tax situation in WI or MA?

I believe the state's tax NFL Players in the states they play games - Apportioned income. But a small factor in the equation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I hope we don't pay out the wazoo for a kicker

Whoever wins the Vin sweepstakes will Overpay,, might as well be us.
The winners at the end of the day will be those who do just that,,, overpay.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors said:
Or he:

*Hacked in and figured out owner code (not impossible)
*Has more traditional means of tracking

Why don't you go track down Vike's Owners jet for me - 918MV
thanks

or you could listen to me since I know for a fact he is guessing since I seen him doing it on the other site. Why not go track down a brain 000FU

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Whatever you say Nors.

The fact is you post stuff like..."Anyone have Longwell's stats?"...all the time.

I called you on it once before by asking..."Are your hands broken?"

You responded that you were "busy."

I was pulling your leg, but as usual you feel the need to be hurt. Be my guest, cry your eyes out.

Hostile is your name - not mine:eek:

I post more than my fair share of stats and do my legwork.
AdamV and Vanderjack clear upgrades....

N707JT - John Travolta's plane - ENJOY!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:

Actually, my name is Mike.

Welcome to Reality, and I don't mean the site owner.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:

John Travolta has a plane? Those royalties from Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction must be carrying him far. Dude hasn't made a decent movie in years.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
or you could listen to me since I know for a fact he is guessing since I seen him doing it on the other site. Why not go track down a brain 000FU

Saigon kick and holey Ram Jam!

N873G:mad:
N698SS:eek:

Back to thread - Adam V in Dallas late last night, Skins nowhere near Adam V sweepsteaks......

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
John Travolta has a plane? Those royalties from Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction must be carrying him far. Dude hasn't made a decent movie in years.
He's a very avid pilot.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

N88DJ - Dale Jarett - Nascar has a corner on private jets.

Aikman still in Vegas.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
N88DJ - Dale Jarett - Nascar has a corner on private jets.

Aikman still in Vegas.

I wonder if Jeff Gordon's wife started tracking some of those numbers in the divorce. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nors said:
Packers are the favorites I'm hearing. Pile of cash and maybe he's interested in proximity to hometown.

AdamV als makes upward to $1M in off field endorsements in Boston. Thats money he can make there after his playing days are over.

We are going to have to overspend to get him. Something I'd have no issue with.

Plan B is losing games with Suishan, Cortez and Cundiff again. Insert new names.

Vander J is also a very, very good kicker.

Game on the line.... VanderDrunk kicks and its NO GOOD.... so wide to the right it wouldnt even have been good for a kick off... NO THANKS.

Gimme Adam!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
KingTuna said:
Now that Nedney,Lonwgell and Bryant are all gone on Day 1, We BETTER sign Viniteri or we will be cursing the Cowboys every game we lose to a Jose Coretz type of pathetic mistake.

No more 30 yard FG shanks and missed extra points.

Jerry Jones BETTER sign Viniteri for however much $$ it takes or he will have major EGG all over his face again this year in regards to a kicker.

Sign him TODAY and REDEEM yourself.....

:starspin :starspin :starspin

Yes I agree. If it TRULY is a WIN NOW RUN(brought to you by Jerry & Bill) THEN we SHOULD pay a little more and lock down the kicking position. How many other position players get paid TOO MUCH and dont even provide results??? Atleast Adam is MONEY in the BANK. PUN INTENDED!

Go Cowboys!
:star:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nors said:
Saigon kick and holey Ram Jam!

N873G:mad:
N698SS:eek:

Back to thread - Adam V in Dallas late last night, Skins nowhere near Adam V sweepsteaks......

Where did you hear Vinateiri was in Dallas?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

At one point a year or so back, he was negotiating to buy a castle in Scotland that was for sale... really, I'm not kidding, he might even have bought it, they never have announced who the buyer was after the sale... a 700 year old castle, in fact, with a giant oak in front of it in which Robert the Bruce reportedly signed a treaty or charter or some such...

If he did buy it, you would properly refer to him as John Travolta, Baron of Lee...

I'm not kidding about that part either, the title goes with the castle... I don't remember the details of the selling price, but it went really cheap, like less than 10 million... and it was a pretty big place, thoroughly modernized, with a very modern security system and broadband access and heliport and all that crap...

Only thing it was missing was its own private 9 hole golf course, LOL...