Vince Young is Looking pretty good

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Vince Young is looking pretty good. I know alot of people on here probably think he is going to be a bust but it looks like he is coming along in this game nicely, not the greatest numbers but no turnovers and making some better reads which is the key this early in his career and the learning curve.

Also threw for his first NFL touchdown just worth noting.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the kid, and a few of the other rookie QB's..

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Yeah we play them in week 4. I hope they start Collins so badly in that game, as much as I love Vince I would hate to see him tear us apart (not saying he would but its always possible).

Vince Youngs final numbers

7/19 106 Passing Yards 1 TD 0 INT
5-24 0 TDs

Again nothing amazing passing but pretty solid, especially considering the little talent he has around him.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
If I was running a team, I'd never have the guts to pick someone like Young. Either going to be a sensation a few years from now or a bust, not sure there's any middle ground on a guy like that.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
One word, GARBAGE TIME. Wait......that's two words. What difference does it make, it's still meaningless.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Good for Vince. I have no reason to not root for him unless he is playing against the Cowboys.

Vince is like Henson and Carter on this Message Board, people either hate their guts or love them.

No middle ground..weird.

- Mike G.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Good for Vince. I have no reason to not root for him unless he is playing against the Cowboys.

Vince is like Henson and Carter on this Message Board, people either hate their guts or love them.

No middle ground..weird.

- Mike G.

Probably because he went to that college in Austin and there's a lot of Big XII fans here.

As far as his playing, I think there's no middle ground on a player like that who was a big runner, option, first read kind of guy. Most players like that are either bust or star. They either figure it out in the NFL or are hopelessly outmatched.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young's stats today:

7/19, 106 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles

He looked pretty bad

He recovered both of them and one was off an ankle low snap. Watch the game rather than just look at his stat line before you make a judgement. The Titans are a team in total disarray I thought he did well coming in the game in relief, Much better than Collins lol.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young's stats today:

7/19, 106 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles

He looked pretty bad

what a surprise....the aggie comes in to rain on the parade.

look, no one was calling him montana.

i think it was clearly stated that it was a good showing for a guy who is new to the nfl.

aznhalf

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
He recovered both of them and one was off an ankle low snap. Watch the game rather than just look at his stat line before you make a judgement. The Titans are a team in total disarray I thought he did well coming in the game in relief, Much better than Collins lol.

I watched a lot of the game, and while he had a few moments he looked bad overall.

Not sure what you were watching...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
what a surprise....the aggie comes in to rain on the parade.

look, no one was calling him montana.

i think it was clearly stated that it was a good showing for a guy who is new to the nfl.

He started 2 for 9 with no TDs and 2 fumbles, he looked atrocious for the majority of the game

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
He started 2 for 9 with no TDs and 2 fumbles, he looked atrocious for the majority of the game

so, clearly he showed improvement.

:eek::

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If going 5 for 10 with a TD against second stringers is improvement, so be it

geeze, you are such a hater.

take some more happy pills or something!

or at least direct it at washington! :)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If going 5 for 10 with a TD against second stringers is improvement, so be it

Remind me what Reggie McNeal did today?? I didn't see the Bengals game? Wait... would you have to watch the Bengals to catch him?? I'm so uninformed...

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
geeze, you are such a hater.

take some more happy pills or something!

or at least direct it at washington! :)

No kidding lol, Not even a touchdown win tonight will "satisfy" him.. hah

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Remind me what Reggie McNeal did today?? I didn't see the Bengals game? Wait... would you have to watch the Bengals to catch him?? I'm so uninformed...

Before Young's last year, him and McNeal were pretty much even on draft boards. Funny how one great year and a player suddenly has NFL potential.