Vince Young is Looking pretty good

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Before Young's last year, him and McNeal were pretty much even on draft boards. Funny how one great year and a player suddenly has NFL potential.

Who had the one great year? cause Vince had two great years... Would have had 3 had he stayed at UT.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Who had the one great year? cause Vince had two great years... Would have had 3 had he stayed at UT.

Before that championship year, I clearly remember future mock drafts with both him and McNeal lumped together as "potential sleeper QBs" but not first rounder types.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Before that championship year, I clearly remember future mock drafts with both him and McNeal lumped together as "potential sleeper QBs" but not first rounder types.

What's your point?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
What's your point?

That you fellas are picking on an Aggie for his McNeal vs. Young stuff when he's not far off at all. In one year, Young went from sleeper to an "OMG! HE WILL ROCK OUR WORLD QB!"

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Yeah kinda true but Vince had a great sophomore year leading us to the Rose Bowl victory. Most scouts had Vince about a round ahead of McNeal heading into his sophomore year. Then last year Vince improved his passing ability and leaped up to the first round.

calico

Reaction score
he has a ways to go and being on the Titans does not help. He was the least NFL ready QB in the draft, but his upside is just freaking huge.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Yeah kinda true but Vince had a great sophomore year leading us to the Rose Bowl victory. Most scouts had Vince about a round ahead of McNeal heading into his sophomore year. Then last year Vince improved his passing ability and leaped up to the first round.

No he didnt. Vince Yougn sucked it up against OU, Mizzu, and A&M among others his sophmore year

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If going 5 for 10 with a TD against second stringers is improvement, so be it

I will be rooting for Reggie Mcneal next week..oh wait...

- Mike G.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
That you fellas are picking on an Aggie for his McNeal vs. Young stuff when he's not far off at all. In one year, Young went from sleeper to an "OMG! HE WILL ROCK OUR WORLD QB!"

No no no... he's the one bagging on Vince... at every opportunity, whether justified or not.

And last year's draft boards or whatever have no bearing today. Vince was picked #3, and so far has done more than McNeal.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
calico said:
he has a ways to go and being on the Titans does not help. He was the least NFL ready QB in the draft, but his upside is just freaking huge.

Yeah thats probably why they are playing him this year. Definately building for the future...

I dont want to compare the NFL to NCAA but this is kinda of like his situation with Texas. Seen time in his freshman year made mistakes, Sophomore year improved but made mistakes then in his junior year he took a huge leap. So in his 3rd NFL season you will have a pretty good idea if he is a bust or not.

calico

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
No he didnt. Vince Yougn sucked it up against OU, Mizzu, and A&M among others his sophmore year

It was after the Mizzou game where Texas changed thier philosophy with Young.

And he did not have a bad game against a&m. He had one fumble that was the result of a good defensive play.

He hit Thomas and Scaife all freaking day against A&M that day.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

That was early in the season... Like I said he improved but made mistakes (Passing). Lol he did take us to a BCS bowl game though, where did McNeal lead the aggies too?

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
If I was running a team, I'd never have the guts to pick someone like Young. Either going to be a sensation a few years from now or a bust, not sure there's any middle ground on a guy like that.

Why?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i saw some highlights and yes he looked solid. he's getting better at going through his reads and he's doing a good job of staying in the pocket and waiting as long as he can for someone open till he runs with it. He was even better considering just how bad his surrounding cast it, their D is horrible, OL horrilble, and WR's average at best. Once he gets more experience and better talent around him, he's gonna be an awesome HOF QB

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
i saw some highlights and yes he looked solid. he's getting better at going through his reads and he's doing a good job of staying in the pocket and waiting as long as he can for someone open till he runs with it. He was even better considering just how bad his surrounding cast it, their D is horrible, OL horrilble, and WR's average at best. Once he gets more experience and better talent around him, he's gonna be an awesome HOF QB

I hope your right... they are going to have a top 10 pick in the next draft and possibly the one after that. Definately going to load up on weapons...

jay cee

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
If I was running a team, I'd never have the guts to pick someone like Young. Either going to be a sensation a few years from now or a bust, not sure there's any middle ground on a guy like that.
I would take a player like that in a heartbeat. If he flops at qb, you move him to receiver and you should at least have a decent number 3 or 4 wideout.

Guys like Joey Harrington or David Carr flop and you either release them or make them a backup.