Vince Young throwing motion...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Vincent could really use his mechanics being tweaked. His footwork especially needs to be worked out. However, like everyone else, he has been doing that his entire life and it wont be easy for him to change it.

The only thing that will make him work extra hard at upgrading his technique is if finds out that his current technique is going to hold him back from being a quality passer in the NFL.

We all know, some of the things you got away with throwing-wise against College defenses just might not work work against NFL players.

- Mike G.

joseephuss

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Vincent could really use his mechanics being tweaked. His footwork especially needs to be worked out. However, like everyone else, he has been doing that his entire life and it wont be easy for him to change it.

The only thing that will make him work extra hard at upgrading his technique is if finds out that his current technique is going to hold him back from being a quality passer in the NFL.

We all know, some of the things you got away with throwing-wise against College defenses just might not work work against NFL players.

- Mike G.

If I were Vince, I would ask for the money back that he paid to attend Steve McNair's football camp. He and Steve are close, but he didn't seem to pick up any good mechanics from that camp.

I agree with most in that Young needs to work on his footwork. I didn't get to watch his games with Houston Madison. His arm movement is screwy, but maybe you can work with it. The footwork is the most important thing.

I think Tom Brady has the best footwork in the NFL. He gets his feet set on the vast majority of his throws. It is what makes him so good. Peyton Manning doesn't have quick feet, but he knows that he has to get them set to make his throws.

Most of the successful QBs in the NFL used good sound mechanics in their footwork to get to a high level. There are always exceptions. Brett Favre is probably the biggest exception.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
If I were Vince, I would ask for the money back that he paid to attend Steve McNair's football camp. He and Steve are close, but he didn't seem to pick up any good mechanics from that camp.

I agree with most in that Young needs to work on his footwork. I didn't get to watch his games with Houston Madison. His arm movement is screwy, but maybe you can work with it. The footwork is the most important thing.

I think Tom Brady has the best footwork in the NFL. He gets his feet set on the vast majority of his throws. It is what makes him so good. Peyton Manning doesn't have quick feet, but he knows that he has to get them set to make his throws.

Most of the successful QBs in the NFL used good sound mechanics in their footwork to get to a high level. There are always exceptions. Brett Favre is probably the biggest exception.

Yeah, he and Mcnair are very close. I think Vince is just like alot of really exceptional athletes who have been able to get away with poor mechanics because their atheleticism is so exceptional.

I think the only way the guy chances is if he gets to the Pros and finds out without tweeking his mechanics he is going to limited.

- Mike G.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yeah, he and Mcnair are very close. I think Vince is just like alot of really exceptional athletes who have been able to get away with poor mechanics because their atheleticism is so exceptional.

I think the only way the guy chances is if he gets to the Pros and finds out without tweeking his mechanics he is going to limited.

- Mike G.

and I'm hoping that he is listening to McNair's advice of staying another year...

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
and I'm hoping that he is listening to McNair's advice of staying another year...

If Texas wins it all, Vince is going to shock the world and transfer to Sam Houston St. and win the Division 1-AA championship next season. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
If Texas wins it all, Vince is going to shock the world and transfer to Sam Houston St. and win the Division 1-AA championship next season. :D

WHOA... you mean SFA my misguided friend!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
trickblue said:

That would be the best thing for him.

jay cee

Reaction score
joseephuss said:

That's what Ware was saying, you work on improving the footwork, not changing the throwing motion.

And like I said, there did not seem to be anything wrong with Young's throwing motion when he was in high school, it was only after the UT coaches started screwing with it that he developed the awful throwing motion that we see now.

I'm sure he needed help with his footwork, but like I said earlier this season when they showed him warming up before the 1st Colorado game, it's does not seem to me that they are working with him at all on his footwork.

jay cee

Reaction score
trickblue said:
But what would be the point in going back to the coaches that screwed up his game in the first place.

Normally I would say going back to school is best. But I don't think he will get the necessary coaching at UT to improve very much. He's probably better off riding the bench in the NFL for the next couple of years than getting playing time at UT.

That's just how little confidence I have in that staff at developing QB's for the pros.