Vinny,JJ, Michael & Jerome...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
The most important game in Vinny's carreer was the Fiesta Bowl .....the greatest team in the history of the University of Miami lost...and it was Vinny's fault...JJ a snake oil salesman of the first order knew Vinny wasn't ready yet he let Vinny take the post game heat...incidently Jimmy,it was Vinny who got you the Cowboys job unless you think it was your exploits at 0klahoma State that got you the gig...the best player on that best team Jerome Brown never again spoke to Vinny....turning up very much dead a couple of years later,that rift was never patched...and Michael,Oh Michael,how I loved you in college...but he also left Vinny hanging in the wind...now as a poor man's Deion,he talks fondly about his college quarterback...hey Michael...it won't wash Bro...as for Vinny and the Canes...it's a non issue...he simply does not come around...as a man of integrity,he knows who screwed him...Vin....I got no problem with it...stay away....

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Really, Ibis, what happened in a Bowl Game (which MANY of us lost money on, but we got over it ) light years ago..is it all that relevant this week?

But thanks for the chuckles, of which there are not many in sight this week.

The VT Apologist Machine you Church of Vinny guys have set up is the absolute best I've ever seen.

Altho, again, learning Vin made Jimmy Johnson and Michael unfairly abandoned Vin - not to mention the karmic like end to Jerome Brown, well,

rofl, Ibis.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
ibis said:
The most important game in Vinny's carreer was the Fiesta Bowl .....the greatest team in the history of the University of Miami lost...and it was Vinny's fault...JJ a snake oil salesman of the first order knew Vinny wasn't ready yet he let Vinny take the post game heat...incidently Jimmy,it was Vinny who got you the Cowboys job unless you think it was your exploits at 0klahoma State that got you the gig...the best player on that best team Jerome Brown never again spoke to Vinny....turning up very much dead a couple of years later,that rift was never patched...and Michael,Oh Michael,how I loved you in college...but he also left Vinny hanging in the wind...now as a poor man's Deion,he talks fondly about his college quarterback...hey Michael...it won't wash Bro...as for Vinny and the Canes...it's a non issue...he simply does not come around...as a man of integrity,he knows who screwed him...Vin....I got no problem with it...stay away....

Glad you finally got that out after 20 or so years . . . :rolleyes:

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Really, Ibis, what happened in a Bowl Game (which MANY of us lost money on, but we got over it ) light years ago..is it all that relevant this week?

But thanks for the chuckles, of which there are not many in sight this week.

The VT Apologist Machine you Church of Vinny guys have set up is the absolute best I've ever seen.

Altho, again, learning Vin made Jimmy Johnson and Michael unfairly abandoned Vin - not to mention the karmic like end to Jerome Brown, well,

rofl, Ibis.
..ahhh,the CHURCHOFVINNY....in a world full of Apostates,we are always looking for new parisherners...sadly,we may have met our match in the members of this board...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ibis said:

what the hell are you blabbering about?

this looks like an example of what happens to one when you've abused crack for years

David

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon said:
Glad you finally got that out after 20 or so years . . . :rolleyes:
...I'm sorry I just don't live and die with the Cowboys...I occasionally live and die when betting on the Cowboys,but...OK...I'll get back to the program...............Wiley sucks...how's that?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
..ahhh,the CHURCHOFVINNY....in a world full of Apostates,we are always looking for new parisherners...sadly,we may have met our match in the members of this board...
Come on, if you gleaned a few converts among the Jets fathful, you should fill a few pews from here.

Nah, forget it.

It's not 98, Ibis, and rail against the wind as you may, it won't ever be again.

Not to get all psyche-psychic-psychic here, (we're already being head-shrunk)but if there is one thing Vinnie Testaverde can teach us it's how to grow old gracefully. Part of that means admitting the truth, which is that at age 40, you just aren't what you were at 25.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Come on, if you gleaned a few converts among the Jets fathful, you should fill a few pews from here.

Nah, forget it.

It's not 98, Ibis, and rail against the wind as you may, it won't ever be again.

Not to get all psyche-psychic-psychic here, (we're already being head-shrunk)but if there is one thing Vinnie Testaverde can teach us it's how to grow old gracefully. Part of that means admitting the truth, which is that at age 40, you just aren't what you were at 25.
..it's Vinny :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
..it's Vinny :)
I spell it with the -ie "for luck".

Btw, for someone who named himself after an Egyptian god, it's only fitting you'd need a rosetta stone to translate his posts.

No commentary on a Canes education required.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I spell it with the -ie "for luck".

Btw, for someone who named himself after an Egyptian god, it's only fitting you'd need a rosetta stone to translate his posts.

No commentary on a Canes education required.
...the Egyptian god you haphazardly refer to was actually a Goddess named ISIS....as for my nic...ibis....it's a bird that is the school's sports symbal and is reputed to be the last to leave and first to return from a hurricane...as for my Canes Education...I am proud to say that with my truncated SAT scores and lifetime inability to spell....I no longer qualify to get into the School and haven't been able to do so for about 20 years now... :)...as an aside,I did go to a Jesuit High School in New York City which holds the same currency as a collegite degree from BC... :)

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
ibis said:
...the Egyptian god you haphazardly refer to was actually a Goddess named ISIS....as for my nic...ibis....it's a bird that is the school's sports symbal and is reputed to be the last to leave and first to return from a hurricane...as for my Canes Education...I am proud to say that with my truncated SAT scores and lifetime inability to spell....I no longer qualify to get into the School and haven't been able to do so for about 20 years now... :)...as an aside,I did go to a Jesuit High School in New York City which holds the same currency as a collegite degree from BC... :)
my daughter,a FSU grad no less has informed me that there actually was an Egyptian god named ibis...my tuition dollars at work...

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
There was an Egyptian god named Thoth, a moon god of some sort if I remember, that manifested himself in one form as an ibis, but I can't remember an Egyptian god or goddess actually named Ibis.

Maybe the wounds have just healed for Michael. I mean, it was around 18 years ago.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:

LOL, I hold a Ph.D, in Middle Eastern history from Georgetown, another wonderful Jesuit institution. That doesn't entitle me to any rank here, but the one or two courses in ANCIENT Middle East in the curriculum did convince me there was an Egyptian diety named Ibis, who was named for the bird.

Jesuit Ed, my friend. It's why we're both screwed up. :p

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
my daughter,a FSU grad no less has informed me that there actually was an Egyptian god named ibis...my tuition dollars at work...
FSU, a step up there. :D

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
LOL, I hold a Ph.D, in Middle Eastern history from Georgetown, another wonderful Jesuit institution. That doesn't entitle me to any rank here, but the one or two courses in ANCIENT Middle East in the curriculum did convince me there was an Egyptian diety named Ibis, who was named for the bird.

Jesuit Ed, my friend. It's why we're both screwed up. :p
...thank god (or at least their version of it) for the Jesuits...made me a Trotskyite at 15...top that Missy...or should I say.........Doctor Missy...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
...thank god (or at least their version of it) for the Jesuits...made me a Trotskyite at 15...top that Missy...or should I say.........Doctor Missy...
ROFL!! THey didn't baptize me in the waters of Liberation Theology til age 18, but I was born for that ride, anyway. So did you "do" the Venceremos Brigade while other kids were in Florida on Spring break? I made it as far as Moscow, lol, Nicaragua, and Palestine during the Intifada. Left of Leon, Ibis. :p

Those were the days.