Video: Voch: Micah Parsons Film Study

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think scouts can fall in love with insane metrics. It happens every year and will continue for years to come.
Parsons not only has the metrics but look it his stats from 2019 as well as the last game he played in. Calling someone a homer that believes what is largely the opinion of the scouting community is equally as bad as calling those with a different opinion a hater.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think scouts can fall in love with insane metrics. It happens every year and will continue for years to come.

Of course they can.

But when the players production matches their athleticism, while playing in a power 5 conference. That’s what you look for in players.

Parsons production matched his athletic ability at penn state. He wasn’t an underperformer.

kevm3

Reaction score
Even with the Jaylon Smith comparisons, we didn't get that Jaylon that would have been gone in the top 10. We got a post injury Jaylon who had to reacclimate. We also had chaos once we signed a new DC. LVE and Jaylon were looking extremely tough at the LB position for a year when they were clicking.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Parsons not only has the metrics but look it his stats from 2019 as well as the last game he played in. Calling someone a homer that believes what is largely the opinion of the scouting community is equally as bad as calling those with a different opinion a hater.
The fact is if he was from William and Mary his "inexperience" at LB would be what everyone would jump on. I don't hate the pick but I don't love it either. This kid still has a lot of learning to do to be technically sound. All his film shows is he just happens to be the best athlete on the field, not necessarily the best player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Yeah, when you look at paltry production like this all you have to rely on are athletic metrics.

13 games
109 tackles
14 TFL
5 sacks
5 PDs
4 FF

jrumann59

Reaction score
He also had 83 Tackles, 5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks as a freshman.
His metrics and stats are good but he is still a development pick. I think he will be good player eventually but I expect as close to NFL ready player high in the first round not and athlete that has played the position for two years and started one. He is wild card pick he could do extemely well or be a dud. If he has something between the ears his POTENTIAL is unlimited but he needs to show he actually has grown as a football player and can transition from being a freak athlete that happens to play football to a freak football player.