Video: Voch: post Packers loss - Sam Williams needs to start

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A few of us have been saying this...Sam Williams needs to start.

No disrespect to veteran DEs like Armstrong, Fowler or Basham, but Sam Williams needs to start. He keeps producing at a high level for the amount of limited snaps he's been played.

What say you: Should Sam Williams be given more reps or possibly start at defensive end and/or defensive tackle?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A few of us have been saying this...Sam Williams needs to start.

No disrespect to veteran DEs like Armstrong, Fowler or Basham, but Sam Williams needs to start. He keeps producing at a high level for the amount of limited snaps he's been played.

What say you: Should Sam Williams be given more reps or possibly start at defensive end and/or defensive tackle?

How is he vs the run?

Jipper

Reaction score
honestly, after what i have seen in terms of the broadus breakdown on the run scheme, i dont think it matters who starts if our coaching staff doesnt change the scheme up. Can't leave our LB's covered up by C/Guards contstantly and hope to stop the run

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Problem with Sam Williams is...can you trust him not to commit stupid penalties?

Because that's his problem.

It's not lack of talent ...

He is gonna have to earn the teams trust back....because he's already done too many dumb things to draw a flag.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Scouting reports labeled it as a weakness.

This might be why he isn’t playing more. If that’s the case, rightfully so.
I noticed earlier in the season he would line up wrong. I remember LVE got on him against Tampa.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I noticed earlier in the season he would line up wrong. I remember LVE got on him against Tampa.

Yah, we can’t afford for him to figure it out with how awful the run defense has been.

He can be a situational pass rusher until then.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have been saying this for weeks. Watching Sam Williams and he can rush the passer and he stands up his blockers in the running game. TEs are not blocking him out of the play the way they block out Armstrong. Armstrong is a nice rotational player but they can do better.

Also, It is hard to watch these videos of the Cowboys defending the run to the outside , and the inside for that matter, and not notice LVE is often out of the play. The MLB should be knocking guys around and making a lot of tackles close to the LOS. LVE struggles to find the ball, get off blocks, and make tackles. Watch Micah when he pursues, he is too fast for the big offensive linemen to get out and get to him before he makes a bee-line to the RB. LVE is the opposite of that. Not on every play. It seems like ever 5th or 6th play he makes a good play, but all the plays in between is he us out of the play.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Post Packers Loss: No one should play. This entire team is like the San Andreas fault line. Cracking everyday until it implodes in on itself. Sam Williams isn’t going to fix a damn thing.

I love this team. But it’s so sad seeing so many fans have this sense of false hope that a player of such little magnitude can fix this atrocity of a team. There’s not much we can do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Post Packers Loss: No one should play. This entire team is like the San Andreas fault line. Cracking everyday until it implodes in on itself. Sam Williams isn’t going to fix a damn thing.

I love this team. But it’s so sad seeing so many fans have this sense of false hope that a player of such little magnitude can fix this atrocity of a team. There’s not much we can do.
Ok. See you here next season. Enjoy your vacation. :)

Macnalty

Reaction score
Problem with Sam Williams is...can you trust him not to commit stupid penalties?

Because that's his problem.

It's not lack of talent ...

He is gonna have to earn the teams trust back....because he's already done too many dumb things to draw a flag.
I am with you on this, he has to learn to play NFL football first. Stupid penalties are like a cancer in the locker room.