Von Miller signs with Bills **merged**

Flamma

Reaction score
Um they were not going to pay 6 years 120 for a 32 year old pass rusher. That is an insane deal. I am just stunned by how much that was. I cannot believe that 5 years 90 million would not have been far more than anything else he got.

He'll be 33 in a couple of days. The only way that contract makes any sense at all is if he can be released any year with little to no dead money.

But if it's a typical deal you'd give to a 25 year old with a boatload of guaranteed money, it's one of the worst deals I've ever seen. And we think Jerry is bad.

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is a GENIUS then. By not giving into this stupid contract.

I mean is not that the narrative. All those whining Jerry won’t sign Miller…and this is why he didn’t…genius…

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
He'll be 33 in a couple of days. The only way that contract makes any sense at all is if he can be released any year with little to no dead money.

But if it's a typical deal you'd give to a 25 year old with a boatload of guaranteed money, it's one of the worst deals I've ever seen. And we think Jerry is bad.
its stupid money and bad edeal but hey this place thinks we should do it like earl Thomas ns others that proved ot to be high risk mistakes..i get he clamoring or DE as we lost RG but no way you pay these older players this type of money,..nope no way

Adreme

Reaction score

Most people had him pegged for being worth 16m per year and he basically got 17.5m. It is not THAT over market value if you assume that he will never really see the last couple years of that deal. I would probably still pass but it isnt AS bad as you are making it out to be.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Our management is incompetent as hell.
How do you let von get out of Dallas? No you don’t sign him for 6 years but you better try more money on less year. 2 year 40 guarenteed? Most positions outside of qb don’t get full guarenteed. Well unless your d law. Dlaw hmm what an overrated inflated player. Maybe he will get 10 sacks this year, I think he may have done that once in his career. No twice 10.5 one time too. We should’ve cut him not extended and give guarenteed full contract. Sheesh. You cutting all this cap, restructuring trading to create 50 mil and do nothing? Just watch other teams try to improve? What’s the deal? What gives, you can’t be scared of outside talent bc you’ve signed your own players to terrible deals dlaw, Zeke, cooper, lael, jaylon smith etc. We have drafted down to a science, but we still continue to build through the draft and the draft only while other teams use drafting trading and free agency to build up top. I can’t understand what they are doing. I guess they think we are better without all the losses and a bunch of cap space? Zeke and dlaw should’ve been cut before amare as far as meaningful to this team. Don’t give me no excuses about amare contract was made to cut easier bc we don’t use that cap anyways