vs NO: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

dr_hefley

Reaction score
This was the game I was waiting for. Romo gunslinging it to no avail, and a complete Cowboy meltdown.

The Good:
*Comparison of Romo's stats to Tom Brady's after six games. Before you panic about Romo after last night, take a look at Brady's stat line from yesterday.
*That's the JJones we'd been waiting on. What happened to him all year?
*Great open field tackle on Bush by Newman.
*McBriar punting. He's gotta be the ProBowl starter.
*TO busting his butt to block for JJones and later on Glen, then walking away from McKenzie later in the game.
*NO ran their challenge beater to perfection.
*Great concentration by TO to catch that touchdown. How does he do that, and miss the one's that hit him in the hands.
*I like Pink's voice. I've got a thing for girl bands.
*I don't have to hear Al Michaels say "New Or-lee-uns" for a while.

The Bad: All this could go under Ugly
*Missed tackles, dropped passes, false start (4th and 5 yards 3 inches?)
*Did the Zebras look dazed and confused to anyone but me?
*Romo's passes were high all night, he never settled down.
*First time in 47 years an opponent gets 5 TD's against Dallas at home.

The Ugly:
*I don't care how you slice it, RW is a liability in coverage. Just let him stack on 10 more pounds and play linebacker.
*Romo vs Brees, 1st half completions. 3 to 19
*NO racks up 500+ yds of offense agains the number 4 defense in the NFL.
*Dallas gave up drives of 95 and 88 yards in the first half alone.

The Bottom Line:
*Dallas has been playing on borrowed time for the past few weeks. They looked like they did 7 weeks ago. Somebody ran the pretenders out of town, and the real Cowboys showed up. NO came to play and Dallas came to be interviewed. This was Rocky II vs Clubber Lang (first time around). This was Cletus Snow vs Fonzi before the waterboy showed up. This was a behind the woodshed pants-down spanking on national TV. Parcells once again looks disinterested and his team quit on him. No other explanation. They were getting beat, and they quit.

*I don't subscribe to the theory of a "good loss". My only hope is that this pi$$es them off and they work really hard to come out and destroy Atlanta next week.

canters

Reaction score
Romo must settle down some.....where is our QB coach when we need him?
Teams will copy the NO and NYG plans and try to keep him in the pocket and pressure him,,,so far he has not reacted well to this the last 2 games,,,who would? This is on the coaches to help him through this time.

We will find out what kind of coaches we really have in the next few weeks.
We either go 9-7 or bounce back and finish strong. I fear the 9-7 ending.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
dr_hefley;1225522 said:
This was the game I was waiting for. Romo gunslinging it to no avail, and a complete Cowboy meltdown.

The Good:
*Comparison of Romo's stats to Tom Brady's after six games. Before you panic about Romo after last night, take a look at Brady's stat line from yesterday.
*That's the JJones we'd been waiting on. What happened to him all year?
*Great open field tackle on Bush by Newman.
*McBriar punting. He's gotta be the ProBowl starter.
*TO busting his butt to block for JJones and later on Glen, then walking away from McKenzie later in the game.
*NO ran their challenge beater to perfection.
*Great concentration by TO to catch that touchdown. How does he do that, and miss the one's that hit him in the hands.
*I like Pink's voice. I've got a thing for girl bands.
*I don't have to hear Al Michaels say "New Or-lee-uns" for a while.

The Bad: All this could go under Ugly
*Missed tackles, dropped passes, false start (4th and 5 yards 3 inches?)
*Did the Zebras look dazed and confused to anyone but me?
*Romo's passes were high all night, he never settled down.
*First time in 47 years an opponent gets 5 TD's against Dallas at home.

The Ugly:
*I don't care how you slice it, RW is a liability in coverage. Just let him stack on 10 more pounds and play linebacker.
*Romo vs Brees, 1st half completions. 3 to 19
*NO racks up 500+ yds of offense agains the number 4 defense in the NFL.
*Dallas gave up drives of 95 and 88 yards in the first half alone.

The Bottom Line:
*Dallas has been playing on borrowed time for the past few weeks. They looked like they did 7 weeks ago. Somebody ran the pretenders out of town, and the real Cowboys showed up. NO came to play and Dallas came to be interviewed. This was Rocky II vs Clubber Lang (first time around). This was Cletus Snow vs Fonzi before the waterboy showed up. This was a behind the woodshed pants-down spanking on national TV. Parcells once again looks disinterested and his team quit on him. No other explanation. They were getting beat, and they quit.

*I don't subscribe to the theory of a "good loss". My only hope is that this pi$$es them off and they work really hard to come out and destroy Atlanta next week.

You did a very good job on this......and i agree with most of it. :starspin

dcjules

Reaction score
I agree with seeing some good (very little) in the game last night....But the Bad and Ugly were plentiful.....500+ yards of offense being given up was one thing, but the thing that got me was that they never, never had an answer....Outcoach to the max.....blame BP, blame Zimmer, someone besides the players got whipped....The Saints did whatever they wanted, it was brutal to watch. After awhile I think the players realized this and basically "gave up"....that part bothers me the most, the D didnt seem to take this game personal....

ghst187

Reaction score
I agree with the original post.
I think all the credit falls on two things
1) Payton just knew us inside and out and was one step ahead of us in every phase of the game. And he threw the kitchen sink at us. BP and Zim should've known this would happen and made some changes to what we do on O and D.
2) Drew Brees. I have never seen a QB play such a flawless game. He did the right thing about 100% of the time whether it was throw the ball away or throw it up and let Keith Davis and A Henry whif on a deep ball as is our tendency. My only comfort is that there aren't very many Drew Brees's in the league and I don't think ANY QB in the league could've done to us what he did last night. I really don't. I don't think Brady would've had that much success. Brees just flat out played like he was far and away the best QB in the league. Not sure if he is or not, but he sure looked like it last night.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I'd add Terry Glenn to the "Good" list. He played very well and made some tough catches.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Yeah.... It really seems like there should be a way to take full advantage of his strengths while minimizing the impact of his weakness.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all that including Pink's voice. The voice isn't bad but the rest of her is :eek: