Wade and Jerry on the same page with the secondary personel?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2305743 said:
BECAUSE WADE IS A FREAKING IDIOT, THATS WHY:banghead:
well then I question why Jerry spent that many resources on the secondary. I mean seriously....how expensive does a Cover-2 secondary need to be? How expensive does a bend but don't break secondary need to be. Anybody should be able to prevent the big play if they are always backpedalling or giving 10 yard cushions. Did you really need a muti-millionaires at every poistion in the secondary for this? And think about it....almost our entire secondary made the Pro Bowl! That is just laughable!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
YoMick;2305310 said:
I would trade giving up a BIG PLAY once in a while for an AGGRESSIVE, IMPOSING defense.

I really would.

You don't have to trade it. We are already giving up BIG PLAYs every game.
And that's playing the soft system we're playing that is supposed to prevent big plays.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
stealth;2305847 said:
What the heck were you people like when we sucked? suicidal?

I rolled in the misery like a dog on a carcus, his tail wagging while forcing his scent upon the helpless corpse.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the "bend don't break" defense is that it keeps our offense off the field. The Skins had the ball for 38 minutes!!! Plus we don't make any INTs with the soft zone. Nothing changes a game like an INT or sack and fumble. Let the Dogs loose.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Back to the OP, do we care what page Jerry is on? Gawd help us if he ever has anything to say about strategy or game planning.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2305423 said:
You and YoMick are correct. Big plays happen all the time. That is the nature of the animal in man to man.

This offense is more than capable of responding to a big play every once in a while.

Ladies and Gentleman... I can now retire from the CowboysZone... its been great. I recently have been told that I am correct by no one other than "GimmeTheBall" :D

j/k

I agree. I would rather give a big play, get the defense off the field and plug the offense in. Wade's defense's actually wears itself out with the bend dont break.

LeonDixson;2305875 said:
You don't have to trade it. We are already giving up BIG PLAYs every game.
And that's playing the soft system we're playing that is supposed to prevent big plays.

Agreed to a point. We are giving up some big plays and a bunch of survival plays to opposing teams. Letting them get chunks of yards and fresh sets of downs. No good - our defense is on field for too many plays.

The post below is right on point.

bkight13;2305918 said:
The biggest problem with the "bend don't break" defense is that it keeps our offense off the field. The Skins had the ball for 38 minutes!!! Plus we don't make any INTs with the soft zone. Nothing changes a game like an INT or sack and fumble. Let the Dogs loose.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They could play up on the man and drop to a zone, anything to discourage those stupid short gainers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clove;2306011 said:
They could play up on the man and drop to a zone, anything to discourage those stupid short gainers.

I'll take it!!!!

Remember Eddie Murphy..... "oooh that cracker was good... wasnt no regular cracker... must have been a Ritz cracker...."

When you hungry... that cracker taste's like steak.