Wade Expects Felix Jones To Practice And Possibly Play Against Skins..

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips says he is confident Felix Jones (hamstring) will return to practice Monday, with an eye toward playing at Washington in Week 11.

Jones worked out on the side Thursday as a precautionary measure. Make sure he practices in full next week and makes it through a game healthy before counting on him as a possible flex play.
Source: San Antonio Express-News

Not sure if this posted!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In the 6 games that Felix has played, he's been the target of two passes.

Total.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
percyhoward;2406728 said:

Total.

:facepalm:

Surely that will change in the second half of the season... Won't it? :(

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2406733 said:
:facepalm:

Surely that will change in the second half of the season... Won't it? :(

This is the time to get Felix And Barber on the field at the same time. JMHO, I think the Cowboys were holding off on having both on the field until playoffs so teams would not have film on it.

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2406762 said:
this is the one player AFTER romo we miss the most

Got to respectfully disagree. Ya, Jones is a nice player but after Romo it's got to be Kosier because the O-line has been bad with Proctor in there. After Kosier it's Newman. The CB's have been giving up to many big plays. A good or better pass rush wouldn't be a bad thing either.

superpunk

Reaction score
percyhoward;2406728 said:

Total.
I laugh to mask the pain.

Our playmakers are like vibrators in a nunnery - unused.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406737 said:
This is the time to get Felix And Barber on the field at the same time. JMHO, I think the Cowboys were holding off on having both on the field until playoffs so teams would not have film on it.

we need to make the playoffs first, that is not a given. We need to let everything hang out from now until the end of the season and hope we make it.

rysko

Reaction score
2 games we lost when felix was healthy was when he wasnt used in the offense? coincidence!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2406768 said:
I laugh to mask the pain.

Our playmakers are like vibrators in a nunnery - unused.
:laugh2: That is a classic punkism right there.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406767 said:
Got to respectfully disagree. Ya, Jones is a nice player but after Romo it's got to be Kosier because the O-line has been bad with Proctor in there. After Kosier it's Newman. The CB's have been giving up to many big plays. A good or better pass rush wouldn't be a bad thing either.

A nice player? :rolleyes: Felix Jones has been a difference maker! It is laughable to Ignore the fact that Felix Jones was good for 7 points in each of the full games that he played, and scoring from two positions no less - both as a RB and a kick-returner - and even more rediculous to think that is less valued than having a starting guard playing.

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2407061 said:
It is laughable to Ignore the fact that Felix Jones was good for 7 points in each of the full games that he played, and scoring from two positions no less - both as a RB and a kick-returner - and even more rediculous to think that is less valued than having a starting guard playing.

Glad your not the coach. Stick with your day job.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2407065 said:
Glad your not the coach. Stick with your day job.

maybe he could take over since the current coaches suck. how could you not use felix more? the guy was dynamic when he got a chance.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406686 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips says he is confident Felix Jones (hamstring) will return to practice Monday, with an eye toward playing at Washington in Week 11.

Jones worked out on the side Thursday as a precautionary measure. Make sure he practices in full next week and makes it through a game healthy before counting on him as a possible flex play.
Source: San Antonio Express-News

Not sure if this posted!
Forgive my ignorance, Monday don't players usually just come in to review film from the game, maybe get a workout in ?
Tuesday is an off day. So, are the 'boys going to practise all week or do they in essance get 5 days off and regular work schedual. ? :confused:

Nav22

Reaction score

Total.
This, along with T.O.'s lack of going in motion, has been what has pissed me off most about Jason Garrett this year.

All we heard about Felix leading up to the draft and after the draft was that he was SUCH a great receiving RB... a dual threat! A Westbrook/Bush type who might make an even bigger impact catching passes than he'll make running the ball.

And yet, inexplicably, we've decided to ignore that aspect of his game. Why!?!? Give him a screen pass or two. Send him on a wheel route, put him out in motion and split him out wide, USE HIS RECEIVING ABILITY!!!

If for nothing else, to give D-coordinators something else to prepare for.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I really think Garrett learned his lesson by not giving Felix more touches. Also, I believe if Felix doesn't hurt his hamstring at Arizona, Dallas wins that game. Felix was getting the corner at will. His last carry was a 14 yard run, to the outside, in the third quarter.

Get well, Felix. I can't wait for him to start torching teams, again.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;2407437 said:
Forgive my ignorance, Monday don't players usually just come in to review film from the game, maybe get a workout in ?
Tuesday is an off day. So, are the 'boys going to practise all week or do they in essance get 5 days off and regular work schedual. ? :confused:

You're right about the usual routine after a game. But since we don't have a game this week, they're practicing Monday.

Tuesday is a mandated day off by the CBA, BTW.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Nav22;2407480 said:
If for nothing else, to give D-coordinators something else to prepare for.
I truly believe Garrett's more concerned about minutia like us not running the same play from the same formation twice, than he is about putting the best players on the field--and running the two or three best plays that work for them.

If Garrett were a pitcher, he'd be constantly shaking off the catcher's signs, and he'd hardly ever throw his best pitch. It's like all he wants to do is outguess you, from one play to the next.

After six games Tony Curtis was targeted 7 times, to Felix's 2.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
percyhoward;2407565 said:
I truly believe Garrett's more concerned about minutia like us not running the same play from the same formation twice
That's an interesting theory.

Red should remember what the running game was like with Emmitt during his days as a player with the Cowboys. Standing there on the sideline watching Emmitt run the same plays over and over every game with success. Of course we had the line to road grade people.