Wade On Felix

Eskimo

Reaction score
StylisticS;2297319 said:
Let me finish this for you

[/sarcasm]

Right?

I gave you all the benefit of the doubt and you passed. ;)

Eskimo

Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2297337 said:
Against teams that are selling out to stop the run like Philly did and Washington, all it takes is Felix breaking the LOS or getting around the edge and he's gone. 1-2 bursts from Felix and suddenly that defense is less aggresive on 1st and 2nd down. I cant belive we didn't at least TRY!!!!

I think Felix's running style would make Washington seriously reconsider bunching everything up and would open up some running lanes. I really don't know why Garrett refuses to use him given that he was the one who campaigned so heavily in the war room to bring him in. My guess is that he doesn't think Felix is ready with his blitz pickups as seen in the Cleveland game. Thus, Felix rides the pine.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Didn't Felix have a calf injury the week before ? He didn't look like he had his normal burst on the kickoff returns either. Maybe thats a reason they didn't use him on O ?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2297053 said:
i was saying yesterday that the skins are big up front and their LB's arent that fast at all. some tosses to jones to the outside or moving him in motion would have killed the skins had we even tried...
No they're not that big. Rather average. I think Dallas' front 7 is like 10-15 lbs per man bigger than Washington.

Bottom line is - to borrow from Joe Gibbs - they play their guts out, and our guys don't. On either side of the ball.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
dre1614;2297010 said:
Barber has a tough time vs the Commanders for whatever reason.
We don't run well against the Commanders. They've held the RB's to 3.3 ypc or under the last 3 games.

But we could have run much better in this game, with our starting LG and a FB.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
How hard is it to give him 5-7 carries a game? Isn't that what we gave Julius last season?

StylisticS

Reaction score
percyhoward;2297593 said:
We don't run well against the Commanders. They've held the RB's to 3.3 ypc or under the last 3 games.

But we could have run much better in this game, with our starting LG and a FB.

Yesterday we helped them hurt us running the ball by operating in the shotgun all the time. We operated from that formation just about the entire game. What are we going to run when we're in the shotgun? The draw? No NFL defense will be fooled by that. Not even the Rams.

Somebody on the ticket mentioned a great point. He said by operating in the shotgun, it kind of takes the Oline out of it's rythem by backpeddling instead of getting up and pushing them back off the line of scrimmage. Moral of the story, use as little shotgun as possible unless we actually ARE playing catchup.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hello? Red Balls fault - LOL

Our defense could not stop the Commanders all day from scoring.

Red Balls offense is #2 in NFL and putting up 30 points a game. Focus on defense - LOL

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He played alot against the Blitz happy Eagles. Maybe his Calf is bothering him and they are trying to downplay it. Just a thought.