Wade Phillips wanted to return

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So how multiple do you expect Quinn to be?

Anything said here on that is nothing but a wild guess. My guess is after what happened this season with Nolan's schemes having players adapt to his schemes instead of his schemes taking advantage of the players strengths, my guess will be that McCarthy will tell Quinn to run a more standard type defense. Now Quinn could change things up by blitzing from different positions so the offense won't know where it's coming from because they change up who blitzes. But I don't think McCarthy will allow Quinn to run some different type of defense like Nolan did.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Per Ed Werder. Wade would have been happy to return.
As Much as I like Wade you talking about a complete defensive makeover from a personnel standpoint with the exception of Gregory, Aldon, and maybe Anae. We don't have the pieces at all to play that type of defense on the front 7. I think Diggs would shine under Wade's aggressive pressure packages though but the rest of them I can see struggling.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It certainly would have been a lot less stressful for him knowing that another Jason Garrett isn't waiting in the wings to sabotage him.

I always saw Kellen Moore as Boy Genius 2. Big fat dopey head coach to replace - check.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Watch him go to the Niners and win another Super Bowl.

Just read that DeMeco Ryans will be DC over there.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Wade needs to find a hobby.
*Yeah, well ya know? Sometimes, drinking,whorum'& fiddle fartin' around w/firearms & heavy duty type loud exhaust motor powers just ain't enuff fer' certain fellers,,, go figure,huh?o_O

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would have been nice if he hadn't left ... at least as defensive coordinator. I know it's unusual for a head coach to step down into a subordinate role, but IMO the defense would have been much more competitive the next few years with Wade. I know he eventually wears out his welcome as a DC, though, maybe for the same reason he failed as a head coach -- too much of a buddy when sometimes disciplinary coaching is needed.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Per Ed Werder. Wade would have been happy to return.

Id be too.
Id take a paycut: 7 mills per anno would me see satisfied as the waterboy. Heck id even wipe JJs glasses once in a while.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wade over Quinn any day of the week.. problem is, we would have needed to win quickly, because his stint has a tendency to wear off after a few years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wade Phillips is one of the best defensive coordinators ever. IMO. Great defensive coordinator. Nothing but respect.

I do think the cowboys lack the personnel for his schemes. So I can understand them not wanting to go into that direction.

khiladi

Reaction score