Wade Phillips will remain even if he has a Subpar season !!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
craig71;2856911 said:
This is true,when it comes to Cowboys football there is no right or wrong.Only stages of disagreement,paranoia and other mental imbalances.Some which have yet to be diagnosed properly and obviously have gone untreated.

Craig
:) :muttley:

skinswin

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2856489 said:
I'm pulling for Wade and hope he can get the team to the top but even I think this team has to make the post season and do something once they get there if not I don't think he will remain. As for the defense Wade is not the only man who can operate a 3-4 defense and more teams are starting to move towards the 3-4. I do not think Wade will keep a job if fired as a HC, that just does not happen.
right on the money!!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2856494 said:
A couple weeks ago on 103.3, the show hosts were saying that on the show before theirs, Steve Dennis was saying he thought it was a real possibility that Wade would stay on as DC even if he got fired as HC.

I can't see that happening, and Mosley didn't agree that Wade would do that, but Dennis is out at Valley Ranch almost every day and does know a lot of people out there. He doesn't have many opinions that aren't at least partially supported by what he hears out there.

I still doubt it, because Wade could always go somewhere else and be a DC without the aggravation of staying here and hearing from the DFW media what a terrible job he did. But after hearing what Dennis said, and the way we drafted all these defensive players Wade seemed to have a lot of input into (like Brandon Williams), I wonder at least a little. It would be ideal to have him stay on and be our Dick Lebeau and just run the D in the background for years without constantly changing coaches and systems.

Eh, but really, does anyone else remember a time when there were so many threads about the next coach before the season has even started? Today is the official kickoff of training camp and the year for 2009. I think I'm just going to enjoy it.

I heard this and know it's been speculated on before.

It would be unprecedented move, but one that would make sense for all involved.
I'm a big fan as Wade in the DC role. He's a proven comodity and very well thought of around the league in that capicity.

When you consider his age, personality and the lure of continuing to work for Jones and the Cowboys, you can see how it may work.

I think the most likely role is some sort of consultant working over a DC but in reality operating as our DC. Almost like a type of mentoring program for some young, up and coming defensive assistant.