Wade Phillips

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
If you ask me, he's the guy who really had San Diego hopping last year. I think that he's going to be equipped very well and we should expect to have an agressive, swarming, yet not quite 'flailing', defense that should be able to disrupt offenses like a kid with ADD in Algebra class.

I'm of the opinion that we're going to be on point as a unit next year; with our players developing and our new coach's philosophy, strategy and general approach towards the game.

There are two main reasons why I believe this. As a reader of this post, bear in mind that I am of the same opinion as Jerry, "we could suit up and play with the squad we have"... but here goes.

First, this defense will be successful. We already saw Carpenter start to come on towards the end of the season. And if Greg Ellis comes back, we're going to have a lot of guys to move around on the line.... I mean, think about what Wade said about getting all of his playmakers on the field, and around the ball. This defense will posses an improved front next year. Does anyone really doubt that?

And I have faith that we'll see improvement at the safety position. Largely in part because we're going to have a better pass rush. But I think we've upgraded at the position as well.

Overall, I think we've got one of the top 3 units with Wade coaching it. I was a huge fan of Parcells, but being a student of the game, I've done my research on Wade. I think he'll be a better fit. Not to mention, our players are actually developing with the exception of Spears and Canty, but let's hope that Wade can actually coach those guys up a bit. They're definitely athletes.

And second, I think we finally have a quarterback that can execute a system well. His best asset is that he's not reliant on one receiver or player - he distributes the ball to the whole offense. That's what you gotta like about him. And think about the line that will be protecting Romo... I seriously think this is the same caliber of line that we had in the glory days... no kidding.

And this guy, Romo, has my confidence.

I'm just wondering what others' thoughts about Wade Phillips are, and what they think he is capable of, given his personnel.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll have to wait and see. I'm just glad manboobs is gone.