Wade Press Conference at 1pm CDT..."Audibled out of run too much"

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2296445 said:
:lmao2:

That's a pretty simplified version of it, but funny as hell nonetheless.

What people are not realizing is that we had a lot more run plays called, but Romo checked out of them cuz of the defensive alignment. Those people need to quit blaming Wade and Garrett. Romo is the one checking out of the plays, not the coaches.

then bench him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
superpunk;2296442 said:
Hindsight is 20-20, and that's fine for us fans. Wade is being made to make that change IN-GAME, not make observations about it post-game.

Read my post above. Run plays were called, Romo checked out of them.

Now, I would agree that Wade should have told Romo IN THE GAME to quit checking out of the run plays so often, but that would imply he (Wade) has a pair.

:D

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2296442 said:
Hindsight is 20-20, and that's fine for us fans. Wade is being made to make that change IN-GAME, not make observations about it post-game.

I think Wade is just a fan on the sideline.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Rack;2296445 said:
:lmao2:

That's a pretty simplified version of it, but funny as hell nonetheless.

What people are not realizing is that we had a lot more run plays called, but Romo checked out of them cuz of the defensive alignment. Those people need to quit blaming Wade and Garrett. Romo is the one checking out of the plays, not the coaches.

Wade certainly protects his players in these news conferences but he repeatedly said that it wasn't Tony's fault ... that that was how the gameplan was set up. He said Tony did what he was supposed to do with the way the Commanders were lining up. He seemed to question the gameplan, more.

FCBarca

Reaction score
The more disturbing realization to be gained from yesterday is how little the team has made improvements on the defensive side of the ball since Wade and Stewart took over...Sieve

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296336 said:
So Phillips doesn't control the offense and does he call defensive plays cuz if not why do we even pay this guy????

No he just takes all the blame and gets little credit for anything. By the way Jimmy Johnson never called the offense or the defense as HC.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2296475 said:
No he just takes all the blame and gets little credit for anything. By the way Jimmy Johnson never called the offense or the defense as HC.

Yea but Jimmy rode his players hard and got the best out of them wade on the other hand.......

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Rack;2296429 said:
It's not that simple. We'll end up winning a game sometime this season where we score less than 17 points.

We already lost one where we scored more than 20.

And we allowed 37 and won a game.

So we have been lucky, not something I want to count on long term.

I believe that if our defense keeps teams under 20 then we should win, if not then the offense is to blame. Any game that the defense allows more than 20 points and we lose, it is their fault.

Our defense is the key to success in Dec and Jan. So far our defense has looked soft and weak against the "good" teams.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
According to the Michael Irving show and Clarence Hill, it wasn't an Audible but a "check with me" type of call. Meaning, the Boys would send in two plays, a run and pass and depending on what Romo saw, they would run 1 or the other, which apparently is different from an audible, they said that I didn't.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Chief;2296455 said:
Wade certainly protects his players in these news conferences but he repeatedly said that it wasn't Tony's fault ... that that was how the gameplan was set up. He said Tony did what he was supposed to do with the way the Commanders were lining up. He seemed to question the gameplan, more.

Wade also said "we should have jsut stuck with the run on a few of those" (paraphrased).

According to the Michael Irving show and Clarence Hill, it wasn't an Audible but a "check with me" type of call. Meaning, the Boys would send in two plays, a run and pass and depending on what Romo saw, they would run 1 or the other, which apparently is different from an audible, they said that I didn't.

Not all of them were Check With Me's. Some were actual audibles.