Wagner, Smith and Mathieu

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'd like to see either Smith or Wagner signed. Parsons can man either DE or LB, whichever is where he is needed the most but it would be nice to fill one of those spots with a legitimate big time player to give him some more help. I don't want both and thats just being unrealistic but they have the cap room to go get one of them.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Wagner is the guy I want. I'm not pretending Kearse or Hooker or Wilson are as good as Mathieu, but that's OK. I think from a cap and roster perspective signing both Kearse and Mathieu wouldn't be smart with our other holes. I still want a centerfielder type FS and hope we can find one in the draft or free agency even if it's a marginal guy who only plays in passing situations but we will manage at safety with health and if our corners hold up. Signing Wagner makes Parsons the edge on one side in passing downs and a rotation of Tank, Fowler, Armstrong plus a possible draft pick or other guy (Basham, etc) on the other side. So we replace what Smith would give us (he's really only a pass rusher) with Parsons and still have good LB play on passing downs if Wagner and Cox are in there and on early downs we have an explosive trio of Parsons, Wagner and Cox at LB. Another possibility is to sign a lesser LB and then a guy like Za'Darius but another LB is key in FA or the draft or we won't be able to let Parsons freelance as much - see the playoff game.

Another guy I'd like is the Cle center Tretter. He is way better than Biadasz and if we really love the Iowa center and he is there when we pick, I think we could move Tretter to LG (he was drafted as an OT so I'm assuming some position flex).