Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
I see Covid coming up and biting us at some point during the playoffs. We are overdue for goodness sakes, look at the rest of the league. PS. This can happen to anyone in the playoffs. Take Brady out of a playoff game or Mahones. Bingo, game over.

technically we already had it run rampant McCarthy even ended up missing a game.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not me, better coach better football team and a load of confidence. This isn't the Garrett years. Even with covid and injuries there's still a group good enough and confident enough to win games. The other shoe dropped off in 2019 and they got a new pair.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It feels different this year. Remember the 2007 and 2016 teams started so well and started to show some cracks late. This team started strong, had a November hiccup, and are now on another four game winning streak. They are picking up steam at the right time. I am starting to believe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Where was this a month ago when we needed it? :rolleyes:

I'm sure a lot of teams are saying that, however again NFL is taking their cue from CDC guidelines. So as they change so will the NFL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Make no mistake about this, this is not the same old Cowboys. I no longer have expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards. This quarterback and Company are for real . And so is this defense

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but having watched the last 20+ years of Cowboys football, something is going to go wrong. You know it's coming.

They had better start isolating the entire defensive line away from society for the next four weeks or so. Eliminate that possibility completely.
It's being addressed

This team different. They know what is at stake.

IceBowler

Reaction score
They should be thinking about players living at the Star until the season ends.

Sucks for those with families, but having 15 or 20 players go on the Covid list would be the death knell of this season

Yep - and they go on the "List" even if they're asymptomatic .. Ridiculous.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But after 25 years of nothingness, we've been conditioned to feel a sense of imminent disappointment no matter how they perform on the field. It is a conditioned reflex!

Doesn't take any conditioning, history has been established, feelings aren't needed...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but having watched the last 20+ years of Cowboys football, something is going to go wrong. You know it's coming.

They had better start isolating the entire defensive line away from society for the next four weeks or so. Eliminate that possibility completely.
well first off the first shoe has not dropped, they still wearing 2 shoes so?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Funny I was just thinking yesterday about how I felt with the Landry teams and the 1990s Cowboys compared to the apprehension I feel today. As good as they look at times this year, I can't shake the feeling it is all a mirage and that they will disappoint me again. For 20 years of the Landry years, for the most part, we kind of knew they would make the playoffs and they would contend for a Super Bowl. They were always in the conversation. In the early 1990s, we had the same attitude as the team. We knew were were going to win. But after 25 years of nothingness, we've been conditioned to feel a sense of imminent disappointment no matter how they perform on the field. It is a conditioned reflex!

really ?they only won 2 sbs and had many moments against PB say two sbs where they choked, thats not a let down? odd Jerrys 90s team won 3 sbs..thats more. Just in case you dont remember and IF the sb and the sb win is the only non . how many nfccg did Landry and white fall short, all of them? the catch, that wasnt a gut punch? a let down?

i understand what you are saying but still that crock on how the goal post was moved because of all the winning seasons but if it were the same measurements, they weren't winning seasons because they fell short in the biggest of games.i thought the Regular season wasn't the measuring stick..
seems lie it is technically the Jonses did more for this franchise then the old régime if sbs were the only measuring stick.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Make no mistake about this, this is not the same old Cowboys. I no longer have expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards. This quarterback and Company are for real . And so is this defense

I hope you're right. But how many times has that been said over the last 25 years? Remember the team with 13 Pro Bowlers, home field advantage, playing a wild card team that the Cowboys had beaten twice already.

And they lost.

Cannot say "this is not the same old Cowboys" unless they win it all, or at least get to the SB. If they lose before then, this team WILL be "the same old Cowboys"...