waiver question ??

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
anybody know a site where you can see who has claimed who ??

AbeBeta

Reaction score
you'll likely hear it here within minutes of any info being available. I think the league office is closed now -- so unless a team makes an announcement, or Thomas' agent calls a sportswriter -- we aren't going to hear anything until tomorrow.

Eskimo

Reaction score
We are most likely too low on the ladder to get him as CBs are hard to come by in the league. Some 20 teams will have a shot at Thomas before our slot comes up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans or 49ers didn't put in a claim for him.

If we really wanted him, we should have offered a pick - even a 6th/7th rounder in 2007.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Not to jump your thread, poke, but I've never understood the waiver process. May be a dumb question, but if we put in a claim for a waived player, are we obligated to the terms of his contract with his former team?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
We are most likely too low on the ladder to get him as CBs are hard to come by in the league. Some 20 teams will have a shot at Thomas before our slot comes up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans or 49ers didn't put in a claim for him.

If we really wanted him, we should have offered a pick - even a 6th/7th rounder in 2007.

trade deadline passed a couple weeks ago

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
Not to jump your threat, poke, but I've never understood the waiver process. May be a dumb question, but if we put in a claim for a waived player, are we obligated to the terms of his contract with his former team?

yes

David

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
Not to jump your thread, poke, but I've never understood the waiver process. May be a dumb question, but if we put in a claim for a waived player, are we obligated to the terms of his contract with his former team?

I would imagine it is not a huge contract -- he was a 3rd rounder so it is likely minimum base salaries and some low money bonuses

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:

no problem at all....i have wondered about the contract deal myself.
it would be interesting to see which teams put in claims on which players
and kind of get an idea of what they are looking for. thats why i was asking
about a site showing the claims.
thanks also to dbair for answering the contract deal.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Saints | Thomas Claimed Off Waivers
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:30:48 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New Orleans Saints were awarded CB Joey Thomas (Packers) off waivers from the Green Bay Packers.