CFZ Wake me up when the Playoffs begin. Third and maybe last shot at it with current crew

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like the Cowboys are possibly headed to another 12-5 season. This defense mows through bad quarterbacks, and we still have a few left on our schedule.

At CAR and then WAS are probably wins? I think they might even come back and beat the Eagles in the home rematch since the team seems to play so much better with the home crowd. Against SEA, @BUF, @MIA, DET, or @ WAS, could see at least 2-3 losses.

Hope this is the year, third times the charm. Because the window is shutting quickly. Parity in today’s league ends runs quickly.

Offense:
  • Dak is in his prime, and should be playing lights out like he is, but he’s still his best when running and the clock ticks every day for someone like that after 30.
  • We’re probably looking for a new RB next year with Pollard’s tag ending.
  • Tyron and Zack older, Biadasz a free agent and we’re stuck with Steele’s contract.
  • Since Schoon is big and slow, we don’t have any depth at TE.
  • Oh yeah… we signed Steele instead of CeeDee and if you’ve been keeping track, nothing is set in stone on a new All-Pro WR staying. Tyreek Hill, Devante Adams, AJ Brown… to name a few.
Defense:
  • Seems like the league has figured out the best ways to play #11 now, and Parsons is a great player but I think this is as much as you’re going to get asking a guy almost 250 lbs to play as a DE on most snaps.
  • Armstrong and Fowler a FA next year, and Tank like Zack and Tyron, a year older.
  • LVE calling the defensive plays is out, and he probably won’t come back to football next year. The team is banking a lot on the other guy they were training to call the defense - Overshown - considering no snaps in a regular game and a history of injuries going back to college.
  • Safeties were great stories at one point but seems like they’ve disappeared.
  • Gilmore is a FA, and if you think Pollard, Steele, Lewis, etc all lost something with their injuries, get ready for Diggs. The fans wanted him off the team last year, wait until he starts giving up big plays next year because he’s lost a step.
  • Oh yeah… we’re still trying to find a dominant DT. I don’t think the plan was for a 30+ yr old nose to be taking all the snaps from the first round rookie.
I believe this is a window year, not only because of everything pointed out above, but also because this year’s draft is looking like one of the worst in recent years. There are a lot of holes to fill next year and only so many draft picks and cap.

So great game today, but I hope they can stay healthy and carry some momentum into the Playoffs because parity makes it so hard to continually field a winner.
Well First off,

yes Prescott probably is where Romo was in 2014 kind of hitting his stride although I've seen Prescott play like this before I mean he started out 2020 before his ankle injury playing just like this however there was no defense at all...

So tell me how much depth of good tight ends that we had behind Jason Witten?? I mean there's gonna be a drop off in all areas of the team from your number one to your number 2 scoon right now is becoming a good blocker and if he can give us anything that would be great but we also brought in a guy on the practice squad that maybe has some height and some speed and like I said how much do you really expect from the number twos around here some of you think that our depth should almost be all pro bowlers all teams have to worry about if their starter gets hurt there's gonna be a drop off... It's a big if but if it does happen and we lose Ferguson we'll have to cover it up we'll have to go to our wide receivers we'll have to get a better run game I mean everyone thought that the depth on our running back chart is bad this year because of the offensive line lack of opening holes and the fact that Tony is being used wrong but now we're saying that Rico dowdle should have been used more this whole entire time we have guys on this team that if given the chance could probably step up and do a good job...

And by the way you're way off base you had to sign Terence Steele or somebody else I mean what were you gonna play rookies over there or players who didn't do what Terrence Steele did last year you do realize that Terrence Steele was one of our best players before he got hurt they're paying him because he's gonna be our future and I think he'll bounce back but that's not an either or thing you have to have good lineman as well as a good wide receiver.. We've seen Jerry do this before he loves him some CD lamb and there's a reason we let amari Cooper go we let a lot of guys walk instead of paying them we didn't pay any of our left guards that we let walk we let Collins walk we let guys leave some fans did not like it that's why they've been saving money and people around here are calling Jerry cheap and I think you might be one of them because he's saving money for guys like CD Lam and Micah Parsons, fans can't have it both ways you wanna bring in a bunch of other people's free agents or do you wanna keep ours I believe the way Jerry is very loyal that CD lamb is gonna get a contract unless he holds Jerry hostage for like an insane amount of money then we might have to let him walk which in that case I will agree with Jerry I mean there's a limit to what you can do with the salary cap but he will do everything possible to keep him just like he signed miles Austin Dez Bryant we need one great wide receiver and we don't have a number two or three that's in the wings like CD lamb was when we let amari Cooper walk.. This is the reason I have to keep reminding people we have to let amari Cooper go $22 million for a guy who is no longer the number one target on the offense because CD lamb stole that job from him and now he'll get his money which by the way that does remind me did amari Cooper not get paid by Jerry??​
So again, fans listen up there's a reason why Jerry doesn't go out and overpay for other people's free agents in most cases so he has the money to pay his own stars...​
On Parsons yes they figured it out just like a lot of teams have been able to at times stop some of the other defensive ends with two or three guys it opens up sacks for everybody else if Parsons wasn't who he was those other guys wouldn't had those five sacks last night literally running away from Parsons is running sacks into everybody else's arms... At some point Parsons will start getting his numbers I feel bad for him getting held so much or getting doubled in triple team so much that you can see it sometimes he gets a little down because he's not getting his numbers.. What is pressure rates alone or one of the tops in the entire NFL that means he's affecting the offense is in a way that's almost as good as sacks because it's making them change the way they play and that is still effective..​
By the way don't you think this could help the Cowboys in some way I mean that if his stat total stay normal instead of out of this world that he won't cost as much down the road??​
In the end, after reading that long post by you, I do believe the window is small but it's not this year because I believe that you're dismissing some of the young players on this team that you don't know about yet that can take over on the offensive line like Richards and Hoffman and bass and there's others that were brought in here that might be as good as some of those players and by the way you keep saying Terrence Steele isn't worth the money, when other teams pay their players even after they got hurt..

i'm confident he will bounce back just like MG has started to turn that corner and you're worried about Diggs?? how about we let him get back here before all the doom and gloom everyone heals differently and have seen some bounce back to normal after the surgery, so we'll see...

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Looks like the Cowboys are possibly headed to another 12-5 season. This defense mows through bad quarterbacks, and we still have a few left on our schedule.

At CAR and then WAS are probably wins? I think they might even come back and beat the Eagles in the home rematch since the team seems to play so much better with the home crowd. Against SEA, @BUF, @MIA, DET, or @ WAS, could see at least 2-3 losses.

Hope this is the year, third times the charm. Because the window is shutting quickly. Parity in today’s league ends runs quickly.

Offense:
  • Dak is in his prime, and should be playing lights out like he is, but he’s still his best when running and the clock ticks every day for someone like that after 30.
  • We’re probably looking for a new RB next year with Pollard’s tag ending.
  • Tyron and Zack older, Biadasz a free agent and we’re stuck with Steele’s contract.
  • Since Schoon is big and slow, we don’t have any depth at TE.
  • Oh yeah… we signed Steele instead of CeeDee and if you’ve been keeping track, nothing is set in stone on a new All-Pro WR staying. Tyreek Hill, Devante Adams, AJ Brown… to name a few.
Defense:
  • Seems like the league has figured out the best ways to play #11 now, and Parsons is a great player but I think this is as much as you’re going to get asking a guy almost 250 lbs to play as a DE on most snaps.
  • Armstrong and Fowler a FA next year, and Tank like Zack and Tyron, a year older.
  • LVE calling the defensive plays is out, and he probably won’t come back to football next year. The team is banking a lot on the other guy they were training to call the defense - Overshown - considering no snaps in a regular game and a history of injuries going back to college.
  • Safeties were great stories at one point but seems like they’ve disappeared.
  • Gilmore is a FA, and if you think Pollard, Steele, Lewis, etc all lost something with their injuries, get ready for Diggs. The fans wanted him off the team last year, wait until he starts giving up big plays next year because he’s lost a step.
  • Oh yeah… we’re still trying to find a dominant DT. I don’t think the plan was for a 30+ yr old nose to be taking all the snaps from the first round rookie.
I believe this is a window year, not only because of everything pointed out above, but also because this year’s draft is looking like one of the worst in recent years. There are a lot of holes to fill next year and only so many draft picks and cap.

So great game today, but I hope they can stay healthy and carry some momentum into the Playoffs because parity makes it so hard to continually field a winner.
This team can be competitive for the next 3-4 years. Look who they're about to sign again. Dak, Parsons, Lamb.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’ll watch next week. Are you checking out for the next eight games?
No sir. If I could sit through the Campo Years and Landry's Last Days, I can definitely handle a few games that will be fun to watch, but don't mean much on if they can't eliminate the choker tag in the Playoffs.

Offense has re-established itself. Defense looks to have peaked. This is what we have. Let's fast forward to that Tourney now and see if it's good enough. :cool:

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
They have 3 losses and still have to play the Seahawks, Eagles, Bills, Dolphins and Lions. Saying it looks like they're headed for another 12 wins is optimistic to say the least.
Yes, they could always tank at the end (Garrett flashbacks) but they've shown me enough that they'll at least have a winning record if no injuries. I'm guessing 11-6 or 12-5 right now based on how they're playing.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Better not sleep on Warshington…..Howell is lighting it up very quietly.
Yeah, as much as I want to dismiss him, he's a little like the Cardinals QB. He's raw, but shows enough composure that you know there is trap game potential. Even that Giants game had a shot yesterday if their QB was any good. They fought back our first two drives, didn't give up the safety.. team was keeping them in the game. If they had made some drives like they did in second half (Before starters were pulled) could have seen that being a tougher game.