WalterFootball mocks Dre Kirkpatrick to the Cowboys

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2012.php

16 Dallas Cowboys: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Many mocked Prince Amukamara to the Cowboys this past April for good reason. Mike Jenkins was coming off an awful year, while Terence Newman has nothing left in the tank. Cornerback help is desperately needed, and Dre Kirkpatrick is one of the top players available.

808CowboyFan

Reaction score
Newman's still got some in the tank. He might not be worth his contract anymore, but he's still got some in the tank. If we pick 16th I'd trade back and choose Konz.

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
he plays way to stiff

Wisconsin junior center Peter Konz is likely to stay in school if he faces a lengthy rehab for an ankle injury

give me an OSLBer

or a different CB

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
drawnstripes;4246977 said:
he plays way to stiff

Wisconsin junior center Peter Konz is likely to stay in school if he faces a lengthy rehab for an ankle injury

give me an OSLBer

or a different CB

OLB? 1st round draft picks are expected to greatly contribute to the team that year. I dont see an OLB picked in this upcoming draft that will be more than a rotational player for next year (Unless we let Spencer go via FA). Sign me up for G/C/CB/DL

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4247034 said:
OLB? 1st round draft picks are expected to greatly contribute to the team that year. I dont see an OLB picked in this upcoming draft that will be more than a rotational player for next year (Unless we let Spencer go via FA). Sign me up for G/C/CB/DL

I think Spencer's foot is half way out the door right now

Brandon Jenkins*, OLB , Florida State
Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Ronnell Lewis*, OLB, Oklahoma

I think any of these guys could start tom

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
drawnstripes;4247049 said:
I think Spencer's foot is half way out the door right now

Brandon Jenkins*, OLB , Florida State
Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Ronnell Lewis*, OLB, Oklahoma

I think any of these guys could start tom

I think Ronnell Lewis and Bruce Carter are similiar players.

Brandon Jenkins reminds me a bit of Kamerion Wimbley, but I'm not sure if he's has the agility to be a 34 OLB. Want to see how he moves at the combine in drills.

I'd like to go offensive line in the 1st round and maybe take a look at a guy like Bruce Irvin at some point later, or some of the players you mentioned.

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
realtick;4247080 said:
I think Ronnell Lewis and Bruce Carter are similiar players.

Brandon Jenkins reminds me a bit of Kamerion Wimbley, but I'm not sure if he's has the agility to be a 34 OLB. Want to see how he moves at the combine in drills.

I'd like to go offensive line in the 1st round and maybe take a look at a guy like Bruce Irvin at some point later, or some of the players you mentioned.

yea true about Jenkins

you know I don't think Upshaw has the speed to be a OLB either

I still have not seen Irvin

you know there just not that many Wares out there - we need something besides Spencer

heres a good right up

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...oys-have-to-spend-another-draft-pick-on-a-olb

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
drawnstripes;4247089 said:
yea true about Jenkins

you know I don't think Upshaw has the speed to be a OLB either

I still have not seen Irvin

you know there just not that many Wares out there - we need something besides Spencer

heres a good right up

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...oys-have-to-spend-another-draft-pick-on-a-olb

As a 34 OLB prospect, I'm not overly enamored with Courtney Upshaw. He has good size for the position but I don't see anything in his game that shows the requisite quickness or agility to be an OLB. He's pretty good in straight lines but is a bit of a plodder moving laterally and in pursuit in traffic.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4246763 said:

Many mocked Prince Amukamara to the Cowboys this past April for good reason. Mike Jenkins was coming off an awful year, while Terence Newman has nothing left in the tank. Cornerback help is desperately needed, and Dre Kirkpatrick is one of the top players available.

I don't think we'll be drafting that high at #16 but I do like Kirkpatrick. He's got a great frame with unusual agility/hips for a player his size, and he also is active in run support. I think he's a solid late 1st rounder/2nd round pick.

canters

Reaction score
I predict we keep Spencer and take a DE in the first round, if we do not take a OL.

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
canters;4247199 said:
I predict we keep Spencer and take a DE in the first round, if we do not take a OL.

I think RR wants to replace Spencer - maybe not with with the first round

Anthony Spencer opened the 2011 season hot, but cooled off prior to the Seattle game. He'll be a free agent in March.
I doubt Dallas will want to pay him the money he's looking for, so Jerry Jones may spend an early selection on a replacement.

which DE Upshaw - Jenkins - Winn

I think that be a wasted pick in my book - you can find DE in later rounds

look at Darius from Ala an Mt Cody have you heard anything about these guys dominanting

I think it will be a C, CB, OLB

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score

This guy is extremely overrated and not very smart. I want nothing to do with him.

Illini88228

Reaction score
I don't want a CB in the first.

From where I'm standing, the interior offensive line is clearly the biggest weakness on this team.

Even if Newman is gone. You've still got Jenkins and Scandrick. A third cornerback doesn't make any sense when compared to the needs at G and C.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
People need to warm up to the idea of us taking an interior OL or DE in the first round. Maybe even a potential stud ILB with the idea of moving Bruce Carter to OLB.

We might not take a DB at all in the draft coming up. Yes, I'm serious.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are warm to that . I'd take a JPP or aldon smith No problem. Even if Spencer is back. The giants have made be a believer in that philosophy. Melvin Ingram is a great fit

Later on I really like Cordy Glenn At guard. Brewster is very good too.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;4248402 said:
People need to warm up to the idea of us taking an interior OL or DE in the first round. Maybe even a potential stud ILB with the idea of moving Bruce Carter to OLB.

We might not take a DB at all in the draft coming up. Yes, I'm serious.

Move Bruce Carter to OLB?

I suggested that possibility two months ago and I was an idiot.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

More cornerback nonsense for the Cowboys.

Yes. I'm down for two 1st round salaries and Scandrick's new deal on the roster. Hey, keep Newman and his bloated contract too.

If we learned anything from the Eagles this year it's adding quality cornerbacks completely revamps your defense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Risen Star;4248469 said:
Move Bruce Carter to OLB?

I suggested that possibility two months ago and I was an idiot.

You're not an idiot. I'd say it's feasible, especially with his athleticism and speed.