Want some truth...maybe??

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Nors;2319945 said:
That has career ending implications associated - thats a bad *** injury. I hope this is not true.

Did you misread the injury? :confused:

jamesdojr

Reaction score
...I've had this before. In fact mine was worse than what they are describing Newman has. It sounds like Newman's docs are having trouble seeing a tear. Mine was clear as day.

It's not a bad injury at all. 6 weeks for me to recover. And I was in gymnastics AND Football. He'll be completely fine and there are no career ending implications. He can opt for the surgery, rehab, and be ready for playoffs.

Pacman, Henry, Jenkins, and Scandrick can hold fort. I like to look for the positives in this if it's true..... and the real benefit here is that next year, Jenkins and Scandrick will have had lots of game experience.

Nors;2319945 said:
That has career ending implications associated - thats a bad *** injury. I hope this is not true.

Mike_45

Reaction score
jamesdojr;2320058 said:
...I've had this before. In fact mine was worse than what they are describing Newman has. It sounds like Newman's docs are having trouble seeing a tear. Mine was clear as day.

It's not a bad injury at all. 6 weeks for me to recover. And I was in gymnastics AND Football. He'll be completely fine and there are no career ending implications. He can opt for the surgery, rehab, and be ready for playoffs.

Pacman, Henry, Jenkins, and Scandrick can hold fort. I like to look for the positives in this if it's true..... and the real benefit here is that next year, Jenkins and Scandrick will have had lots of game experience.

I coached an 8th grader who had a sports hernia because he let girls kick him in the nuts, I kid you not, and he had the surgery and was out for 6 weeks and came back fine. Hopefully Newman heals that way. I hope. :starspin

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mike_45;2320063 said:
I coached an 8th grader who had a sports hernia because he let girls kick him in the nuts, I kid you not, and he had the surgery and was out for 6 weeks and came back fine. Hopefully Newman heals that way. I hope. :starspin
Alot of players have played through it OK-your right, some have missed only 6 weeks max, while others like Cado Jude and Deuce Staley didn't miss a beat.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Boysboy;2320068 said:
Alot of players have played through it OK-your right, some have missed only 6 weeks max, while others like Cado Jude and Deuce Staley didn't miss a beat.

I hope he does ok. I mean look at it this way, if there is ever a silver lining in losing a pro bowl caliber corner, is that the young guys will get more playing time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mike_45;2320083 said:
I hope he does ok. I mean look at it this way, if there is ever a silver lining in losing a pro bowl caliber corner, is that the young guys will get more playing time.

That's probably why the Giants were able to make that run at the end. Throughout the season, they had 3-4 key guys go down that were contributing alot(Derrick Ward, Kiwi, and Shockey)-all it did was give their younger, albeit talented guys more time to get some experience prior to the run(Bradshaw and Boss).

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Nors;2320014 said:
I had this injury from golf - abdominal strain granted no surgery. It haunted me for years and a PAINFULL injury you can't play through.....

To this day I still get that twinge of pain ocassionally and I'll walk off the course. Not to be messed with.

Terrible news

You are not a 30ish year old professional athlete in tip top shape.

Newman will get over this in about the same time that it takes you to get over a bad cold.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
sheesh, some people around here are drama queens.. a few thoughts:

1. Newman is NOT injury prone.. prior to this year, he missed 3 games last year and none in his years before that..

2. If he has the surgery, he's out 6 weeks.. Then guess what? He'll be back for the last 6 games of the season and the playoffs.. We're gonna make the playoffs anyway, so as long as we have him back healthy by then, we'll be fine..

3. I seriously doubt if Pac gets suspended.. So yeah, we still have Pac, Henry, Jenkins and Scandrick.. That's plenty good to hold down the fort while Newman gets healthy..

ologan

Reaction score
Mike_45;2320063 said:

Was that 8th grader p-whipped,or what? What an idiot!

Mike_45

Reaction score
ologan;2320156 said:
Was that 8th grader p-whipped,or what? What an idiot!

I dont really know. He told me he asked them to do it. But him and his parents are just about the weirdest people you will ever meet. I still coach him know, he is a Junior in High School and he is slowly starting to become normal, but he is still an interesting fellow.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
My god. Who diagnoses and reports injuries in Dallas? Maybe they could get it right once?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320026 said:
Isn't that why we drafted Mike Jenkins then?

For all you DeSean Jackson lovers out there...YOU CAN BREATH A SIGH OF RELIEF NOW!

And later Scandrick good add....

PacGone also hurts punt return big plays forward.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2320267 said:
My god. Who diagnoses and reports injuries in Dallas? Maybe they could get it right once?
seriously they're the worst at reporting injuries. but if tnew will be out and if pacman gets suspended again it might be time for wade/stewart to let the animals out the cage on defense.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;2320005 said:
im not talking about just missing games, im talking when hampered by all these minor or not so minor injuries that hamper his play or playing time

...yup hampered his play so bad he made the pro bowl and was pro bowl level before he made it...:banghead:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
It's official.

Newman is injury prone, and is/almost 30.

Bad idea giving him that money this past offseason.

Boysboy

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2320280 said:
It's official.

Newman is injury prone, and is/almost 30.

Bad idea giving him that money this past offseason.

I don't think all of his money is guaranteed though-after a year or 2, we can cut him and no harm.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jamesdojr;2320058 said:

Yeah well according to Nors he pulled a muscle once and just couldn't get over it for YEARS so this has to be the same thing.

That sports hernia that Donovan had a couple of years ago SURE seems to still be lingering on him as well. Oh, wait, no it's not.

Nors you fail at being a QB scout, you fail at being a doctor, what's next on your list of careers to fail at?