Want Young? Titans need about $50M

MC KAos

Reaction score
royhitshard said:
And exactly how did he earn that?:confused:

by being an incredible college football player, thats how all these kids earn their money, potential(i should say kids, all of them are older than me!:rolleyes:)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
maybe one day one of the kids will stop being such a greedy s.o.b. and wont ask for alot
You gonna hold your breath until that happens?

With the agents all over these guys pressuring them to go for the big bucks and with the pay system history in place it will not happen. The only way to change it is to get the NFLPA to go along with a scaled system similar to the NBA and I just don't see that happening. If a team doesn't want to take the gamble on a high dollar contract to a top draft pick they had better trade out of that position.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The system is what it is.

At least this kid took his team to a title game and delivered a national championship. He didn't exactly Kyle Boller his way to 50 mil.

Newman got alot of jack too for being a high pick but he lived up to so no ones complaining.

That cost though is part of why I would rather grab vet QBs I know can play ight now.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
You gonna hold your breath until that happens?

With the agents all over these guys pressuring them to go for the big bucks and with the pay system history in place it will not happen. The only way to change it is to get the NFLPA to go along with a scaled system similar to the NBA and I just don't see that happening. If a team doesn't want to take the gamble on a high dollar contract to a top draft pick they had better trade out of that position.

And every one of us is going to try to get the highest pay possible when searching for employment.

They just happen to get paid more than us. If the NFL is willing to pay it, they should certainly go get it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
junk said:
And every one of us is going to try to get the highest pay possible when searching for employment.

They just happen to get paid more than us. If the NFL is willing to pay it, they should certainly go get it.

I agree and also why I think the NFL should change how they deal with rookie contracts.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
royhitshard said:
And exactly how did he earn that?:confused:

by bringing that beautiful trophy (look at the trophy...isn't it beautiful? :lmao: ) back to austin.

vince is a hero forever.
even if he totally sucks in the nfl.

but i'll be rooting for him on the side....just never against dallas.

i wish him well.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Good thing we don't have to worry about drafting that high in a while.:)

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
I'd be pretty upset if I was a Titans fan. I don't have much faith in Young becoming a good QB. With the type of money he's looking for, and considering how badly the titans overpay and manage the cap, it looks like they'll be stuck with an overpaid bust for quite a number of years.