Ware and McNabb

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone think that McNabb will flop and give Ware the record like Favre gave it to Strahan?

juck

Reaction score
No way,the sad thing is the eagles still have a shot if they win and TB loses to Oakland.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
5Countem5;2516206 said:
Does anyone think that McNabb will flop and give Ware the record like Favre gave it to Strahan?

I doubt it. Playoffs are at stake for both teams. Ware will have to EARN his sacks. Plus, it's a division rival, no way McNabb lays down for Ware.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
goshan;2516224 said:
Tampa isn't losing to Oakland.
I am not so sure about this. Anything is possible in the NFL and Oakland has been tough on some opponents they weren't expected to be tough on.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
bootsy;2516245 said:
I am not so sure about this. Anything is possible in the NFL and Oakland has been tough on some opponents they weren't expected to be tough on.

Only at home though. Tampa is good at home and Kiffin is not going to let Oakland win by scoring. He will have an axe to grind against Oakland.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Ware isn't gonna break the record. Might as well get that fantasy out of your heads.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack;2516309 said:
Ware isn't gonna break the record. Might as well get that fantasy out of your heads.

And really who cares? If they win, thats all that will matter. Enough with this individual crap that this team tends to dwell on. To his credit, Demarcus hasn't given as much importance.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2516309 said:

Yeah, because it's like believing in Santa ****ing Clause to think that Ware could ever get 3 sacks in one game. How fantastic.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2516324 said:
And really who cares? If they win, thats all that will matter. Enough with this individual crap that this team tends to dwell on. To his credit, Demarcus hasn't given as much importance.

I do, but only cuz I don't like that the current holder of that record doesn't deserve it.

I'll take a win and ZERO sacks from Ware though as opposed to the record and a loss.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
5Countem5;2516206 said:

What was Farve supposed to do....let Strahan hit him and risk getting hurt. Yes he laid down but I don't see a problem with it.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Bill Wooten;2516233 said:
If Ware breaks the record, I want him to EARN it.

Sad part is that the record itself was not truly "earned" and now it will take 3 sacks instead of a more attainable 2.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2516347 said:
What was Farve supposed to do....let Strahan hit him and risk getting hurt. Yes he laid down but I don't see a problem with it.

OR he could have just thrown the ball away and not GIVEN the record to Ole Gaptooth....

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack;2516330 said:
I do, but only cuz I don't like that the current holder of that record doesn't deserve it.

I'll take a win and ZERO sacks from Ware though as opposed to the record and a loss.

Yep agree. Although I don't hate Strahan, as much as I hate Jacobs or Pierce or Tuck. But Strahan did get the record on questionable sack though, so he doesn't deserve to hold it in that sense.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2516347 said:

You don't see a problem with GIVING a prestigious record to someone that doesn't deserve it?

The play called was a running play, Favre kept the ball and laid down JUST so Strahan could get the record. He didn't lay down to avoid a big hit.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rack;2516363 said:
You don't see a problem with GIVING a prestigious record to someone that doesn't deserve it?

The play called was a running play, Favre kept the ball and laid down JUST so Strahan could get the record. He didn't lay down to avoid a big hit.

Strahan was running towards him to sack him so no I don't see anything wrong with it. If it was Romo doing it to keep from being injured we'd all say it was a good play.

Everyone acts like it was planned by them. :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2516375 said:
Strahan was running towards him to sack him so no I don't see anything wrong with it. If it was Romo doing it to keep from being injured we'd all say it was a good play.

Everyone acts like it was planned by them. :rolleyes:

I refuse to believe you're this ignorant.