Ware Could Have Shot At Strahan's Sack Record?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2385168 said:
How is he on pace for 24.5 sacks? He's played 8 games with 8 more to go and he has 9 sacks. That means Ware is on pace for 18 sacks this year. A tremendous year nonetheless but not a record breaking year. Neither Ware or Porter break the record. No shot!

He's using the same math the presidential candidates use when promoting their "plans" for fixing the economy. :eek:

CowboyMark

Reaction score
It would be nice seeing a record being broken by a cowboy. However it's not as important as winning. That said I will keep my eye on it but I don't think he will get it. Hopefully if he gets it or not the cowboys will be winning. There really isn't no point in getting excited if the boys end up not even making the playoffs.However I do hope he gets it and the boys go all the way along the way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2385145 said:
Demarcus Ware has been a monster this year! Ware has 9.0 sacks thus far. If Ware stays on course he is on pace for 24 sacks which would set an NFL record that is currently being held by retired NY Giant Micheal Strahan. Strahan's sack record is at 22.5.

If Ware does get that record he will be Defense Player Of The Year for sure.

Ware does have some competition in Miami Dolphins Joey Porter who has 10 sacks.

What do you guys think? Can Ware do it?

8 games = 9 sacks
8 games remaining = ? sacks

Is there an accelerator in a few of these games? Will Favre be around for 2-3 games?

:D

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Martin,Harvey6.jpg

1976-77
had at least one sack in 11 consecutive games

finished the year with 23 sacks in 14 games

NFL begins counting sacks as an official stat

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
percyhoward;2385897 said:
Martin,Harvey6.jpg

1976-77

Personally, I believe if there is film of every game to go back and check for stats then they should be counted. I dont care if it wasnt a stat at the time.

Thats just me.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
YoMick;2385948 said:
Personally, I believe if there is film of every game to go back and check for stats then they should be counted. I dont care if it wasnt a stat at the time.

Thats just me.
Funny thing is, nobody really disputes Martin's 23 sacks. And he was DPOY that year, after all, which can never be taken away from him. He just gets forgotten because it wasn't considered an official stat until a few years later--hence it's "Strahan's Sack Record.".

The head slap was outlawed before the 1977 season, btw.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
percyhoward;2385897 said:
Martin,Harvey6.jpg

1976-77

My favorite Cowboy of all time. Perhaps Ware can break the record if we go into the post season, all the way...:starspin

boyz04

Reaction score
Demarcus Ware has been a monster this year! Ware has 9.0 sacks thus far. If Ware stays on course he is on pace for 24 sacks which would set an NFL record that is currently being held by retired NY Giant Micheal Strahan. Strahan's sack record is at 22.5.

Heck he should since Romo has been injured Ware has been on the field 80% of the Game...lol:lmao:

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score

God I hope so!lets go DWare!

dfense

Reaction score
Maybe if he has 20 by week 15 and then Dallas plays the Jets......