WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rawImage.jpg

By Tom Orsborn

July 31, 2013

OXNARD, Calif. — When left tackle Tyron Smith and defensive end DeMarcus Ware square off in practice, all that's missing is famed ring announcer Michael Buffer shouting, “Let's get ready to rumble!”

“It's a great battle,” the Dallas coach said. “Both guys are so talented. But much more than that: They are so prideful in everything they do — run game, pass game, pass rush.

“Whatever they are doing, they want to win. It's a fun thing to be a part of.”

The combatants — Smith, a third-year pro Garrett touts as one of the league's best tackles, and Ware, a seven-time Pro Bowler — agree.

Read the rest: http://www.expressnews.com/sports/p...ecial-to-see-4696439.php?t=613a89cebac6ed8151

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Man I really hope that D-Ware pushes Tyrone over the hump and he takes the next step and becomes a decent LT.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Man I really hope that D-Ware pushes Tyrone over the hump and he takes the next step and becomes a decent LT.

Seems like he has already done that. Smith is the only guy we have that consistently can block Ware, although there were some reports the other day that Ware flipped sides and was going against Free and Free handled him. So far, so good for Free. Sounds like whatever his issues were a year ago are gone.

FiveRings

Reaction score

He was a decent LT last year. We didn't draft him 9th overall to be decent, D-Ware can push him to being an absolute monster

texbumthelife

Reaction score

He has been far better than "decent" since the first snap he played. He played RT at an All-Pro level and, as mentioned in nearly every other thread involving this topic, he graded out top ten in every OT category the last 8 games last season. Not bad for a kid his age who has never played LT before.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I disagree with T.Smith being a decent LT. I still feel like he has a lot to prove before I consider him as one of the better LT's. I do agree that we didn't draft him 9th overall to just be a decent LT, but I'll take that over what he was last season.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Go easy on D-Ware today Mr. Smith. It's his birthday.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I disagree with T.Smith being a decent LT. I still feel like he has a lot to prove before I consider him as one of the better LT's. I do agree that we didn't draft him 9th overall to just be a decent LT, but I'll take that over what he was last season.

What is your definition of decent? Does he need to play like a top 5 guy to just be decent in your eyes? Or would a top ten LT be considered "decent" to you?

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
What is your definition of decent? Does he need to play like a top 5 guy to just be decent in your eyes? Or would a top ten LT be considered "decent" to you?

I feel like he gets beat too often. Top ten to me is decent. Another thing he really has to work on are the penalties.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you do something for the first time, it's okay if you're not a hall of famer at it. Some people are just plain........ never mind.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has been far better than "decent" since the first snap he played. He played RT at an All-Pro level and, as mentioned in nearly every other thread involving this topic, he graded out top ten in every OT category the last 8 games last season. Not bad for a kid his age who has never played LT before.

As good as that sounds he will be better this year.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
If you do something for the first time, it's okay if you're not a hall of famer at it. Some people are just plain........ never mind.

I'm still not convinced he isn't a RT. I'm pulling for him and hope that he turns the corner into the LT that we intended him to be when we drafted him. I think that posters around here are taking for granted that he will eventually develop into an elite LT. Those things cannot just be assumed....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with ABQJr. I know that's a shock right? I think Smith has to prove he can be a good LT. I think he improved as the season went on but I don't believe he can be solidly called a decent LT yet.

I also realize the term "Decent" is subjective. I'm not using it as a term to describe Above average to good. I see flashes and I think that he can be among the best but I agree that he still has some work to do there.

JMO

burmafrd

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced he isn't a RT. I'm pulling for him and hope that he turns the corner into the LT that we intended him to be when we drafted him. I think that posters around here are taking for granted that he will eventually develop into an elite LT. Those things cannot just be assumed....

I am not convinced you know a thing about O line play

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nothing can be assumed. This is why I only go after guys who have been in the league a long time, and not new people. I usually give a person 3 to 4 years to get it together before I start coming down strong on them.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Nothing can be assumed. This is why I only go after guys who have been in the league a long time, and not new people. I usually give a person 3 to 4 years to get it together before I start coming down strong on them.

I'm in the same boat clove. I'm in the show me phase with T.Smith is all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, one thing is certain. A healthy Ware in practice can only help Smith become that LT we all want him to be. Thank godness we drafted Ware instead of Merriman.