Ware, Spears, Burnett?????

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Whats going on - Did they sign yet?

I can't remember high Dallas draft picks not signed by camp recently.

This trio is the freaking cornerstone of my our 3-4 Defense for a decade to come!!!! I'm starting to get concerned.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nors said:

This trio is the freaking cornerstone of my our 3-4 Defense for a decade to come!!!! I'm starting to get concerned.

Stephen said that two of the 3 are in Oxnard with their agents. I am pretty sure that it is Kevin Burnett that is still at his home in Los Angeles.

But it is widely speculated that all will be signed by tomorrow for sure.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Stephen said that two of the 3 are in Oxnard with their agents. I am pretty sure that it is Kevin Burnett that is still at his home in Los Angeles.

But it is widely speculated that all will be signed by tomorrow for sure.
Ware is in Atlanta, Burnett is in LA and Spears flew to Oxnard with the team.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
If I were an unscrupulous agent giving advice to Spears or Ware, I would recomend we hold out for an obscenely high amount, because I'd know I have the Cowboys new defense by the you-know-what and they'll be forced to pay high dollar.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Relax Jerry will GIT R DONE
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/larry.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Ware is in Atlanta, Burnett is in LA and Spears flew to Oxnard with the team.

Well, Stephen did say that two of the three players were in the area of Oxnard waiting to finalize. Burnett is the only guy standing by at his home in L.A.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Well, Stephen did say that two of the three players were in the area of Oxnard waiting to finalize. Burnett is the only guy standing by at his home in L.A.
He said Ware was in atlanta and could be there in half a day's notice. Burnett is in LA which is in the Oxnard area 45min away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:

Freudian slip there Nors?

:grin:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have a certain reservation about Burnett...
I'll just wait to be proven wrong.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
If I were an unscrupulous agent giving advice to Spears or Ware, I would recomend we hold out for an obscenely high amount, because I'd know I have the Cowboys new defense by the you-know-what and they'll be forced to pay high dollar.
Not really. They could just play the 4-3 for awhile.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
6:24 EST - Not signed yet. Looking like we have hold outs. That really sucks.

Get these guys in camp?

Any update on if Burnetts bone spurs grew back or is set to go after getting them surgically shaved down?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Deep breaths brah.

It makes no s3ense to worry until 9AM tomorrow when it actually makes a difference.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I saw him on NFL Network. Has a very flamboyant, cocky personailty. Dressed to the hilt. There was a little Irvin in him.

Don't know if that translates to anything.

blindzebra

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Well like Pacells said if the 3-4 doesn't work it's back to the 4-3 :)

I held back and let you be the first to shoot across that bow.:D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Burnett is on the verge of checking into the Dog Hotel if he doesn't sign soon... But I think he will.

Jerry didn't sound terribly concerned today. He was hinting that a lot of these guys around the league are slow to sign because agents aren't sure what next year holds with the new CBA still uncertain, and they don't want to paint themselves into a bad position when next year rolls around.

So if our guys take a few days to come in, at least most of the rest of the teams are in the same position.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What exactly did Burnett do wrong other than tthe surgery before minicamp is there some new info?

I cant see it being his fault that his agent is being cautious. He can wear a skirt for all I care if he comes to play.