Ware, Spears, Burnett?????

blindzebra

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
What exactly did Burnett do wrong other than tthe surgery before minicamp is there some new info?

I cant see it being his fault that his agent is being cautious. He can wear a skirt for all I care if he comes to play.

Parcells called him out in the PC.

He said, it is important for the player to be here, and one of the players already missed the mini-camp. Mini-camp gets them the foundation and missing the begining of camp really puts that player behind.

But don't take my word for it.;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
What exactly did Burnett do wrong other than tthe surgery before minicamp is there some new info?

I cant see it being his fault that his agent is being cautious. He can wear a skirt for all I care if he comes to play.
It's not that he did anything wrong exactly, but that he's already missed one key learning period. If he misses much camp, that will be more. And this is a brand new system for him... If he gets too far behind it will be very hard for him to catch up.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nothing wrong with that.
I agree. I hope that they run the 4-3 as much, if not more, as they will the 3-4.

I just like the lineup at the 4-3. You could blitz Dat from the inside or Burnett/Ware from the outside. With Ellis, Glover, Fergy, and Spears on the line, someone will get to the QB when you wanted to.
Thats not even mentioning the safety blitz from Roy.

I just hope that Ware, Spears, and Burnett plays to everyones expectations. I know that I have high hopes for them right out of the gate.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Parcells called him out in the PC.

He said, it is important for the player to be here, and one of the players already missed the mini-camp. Mini-camp gets them the foundation and missing the begining of camp really puts that player behind.

But don't take my word for it.;)

So thtat was who Parcells was talking about. Now it makes sense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
I agree. I hope that they run the 4-3 as much, if not more, as they will the 3-4.

I just like the lineup at the 4-3. You could blitz Dat from the inside or Burnett/Ware from the outside. With Ellis, Glover, Fergy, and Spears on the line, someone will get to the QB when you wanted to.
Thats not even mentioning the safety blitz from Roy.

I just hope that Ware, Spears, and Burnett plays to everyones expectations. I know that I have high hopes for them right out of the gate.

Agreed.

Could you see a nickel d-line of Ellis and Ware at DE with Glover and Spears at DT rushing the passer?

Ouch!

Now that gets me excited. :)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Agreed.

Could you see a nickel d-line of Ellis and Ware at DE with Glover and Spears at DT rushing the passer?

Ouch!

Wow!
Didn't even think that far ahead!
With that D-line, Burnett, Dat/James along with Roy, Newman, Henry, Davis(?)and Aaron...WOW!!

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Agreed.

Ouch!

Was it just me or did BP say he expected Canty to start in the Nickle package at DE?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Was it just me or did BP say he expected Canty to start in the Nickle package at DE?

I thought that was Glenn (at CB-- Nors would suggest him for DE :D) JKS269... but I could very well be incorrect.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Wow!
Didn't even think that far ahead!
With that D-line, Burnett, Dat/James along with Roy, Newman, Henry, Davis(?)and Aaron...WOW!!

That's a nice pass defense CF4L, very nice. I can't see dropping Ellis or Glover out of that rotation to bring in a stiff like Thornton or one of those nameless LB's we've got.

jksmith269

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I thought that was Glenn (at CB-- Nors would suggest him for DE :D) JKS269... but I could very well be incorrect.
I could be wrong but he said it while I thought he was talking about Canty's eye and him being ready by 8/8 I'm listening to the PC again now from the link provided by BS so I'll see what he says....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
I could be wrong but he said it while I thought he was talking about Canty's eye and him being ready by 8/8 I'm listening to the PC again now from the link provided by BS so I'll see what he says....

Cool.

:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Deep breaths brah.

It makes no s3ense to worry until 9AM tomorrow when it actually makes a difference.
How can he get the attention he craves by showing patience?

:grin:

jksmith269

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I just listened to it. Its around the 37:48-39min mark on the track the problem is who ever recorded that recorded it from NFL network which had people talking in the background and you can't really hear the question asked. It was following the question about canty then about Campbell being placed on the PUP. I thought it was still about canty but I'm prob wrong I mean what coach would say a rookie who missed all of MC and most of his last college season will be starting? I know BP wouldn't so that was stupid of me to think....I guess I was hoping

Bobo

Reaction score
I hope Burnett gets there ASAP, but he's probably one of the smarter guys on the team. He should pick things up quickly.

He has been there some though, right? Thought I saw pics of him on the field in a #57 jersey.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
That's a nice pass defense CF4L, very nice. I can't see dropping Ellis or Glover out of that rotation to bring in a stiff like Thornton or one of those nameless LB's we've got.

Not unless one of them is a very big surprise. Make that huge. But that would be ok. There's also a few positive and negative surprises in camp as well as injuries. That's my main worry. Injuries.

Wimbo

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I just listened to it. Its around the 37:48-39min mark on the track the problem is who ever recorded that recorded it from NFL network which had people talking in the background and you can't really hear the question asked. It was following the question about canty then about Campbell being placed on the PUP. I thought it was still about canty but I'm prob wrong I mean what coach would say a rookie who missed all of MC and most of his last college season will be starting? I know BP wouldn't so that was stupid of me to think....I guess I was hoping

I think I heard there was static on the film due to air conditioner interference. The over talking you heard were the production guys trying to figure out what was wrong... not very professional. The video looked terrible on the NFL Network.

Bill said Canty was seeing his Dr. by Monday, and would be back at camp Monday night. He will be in pads practicing, but will be limited until 8/8 (assuming all goes as expected). Campbell MAY go on the PUP... not decided yet.

jksmith269

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Ranch report has it down that BP was talking about Glover's playing time with the comment on playing the nickle full time and part time on the rest of D's plays