Ware's Gobbler Award

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I was really hoping he wouldn't have said a word but rather pulled out a bat as soon as he was handed the award, thrown the award on the ground, bashed it multiple times with the bat, thrown off his headset and walked away expressionless

ologan

Reaction score
xWraithx;2448081 said:
I was really hoping he wouldn't have said a word but rather pulled out a bat as soon as he was handed the award, thrown the award on the ground, bashed it multiple times with the bat, thrown off his headset and walked away expressionless

Think it would have meant more if it were a Swarovski crystal bowl,or an Omega watch...Or even a 52" Samsung LCD TV?? What started off as a joke a few years back,something to laugh at and compete with an "Ironman" award,or a "Turducken",still represents one thing,and one thing only...at the end of the day,it represents who played the best game. I don't laugh at it anymore,and sure as hell want one of OUR players to win the thing rather than one of their players,because 99 times out of 100,if one of our players is singled out for this recognition,it means we won the game! I feel the same way about the "Horse Trailer" thing!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2448146 said:
That cracked me up.

BTW that award looks better, not by much, but still better than the one they used to give out.

Emmitt got the very first one, and he said it looked like Collinsworth...LOL. Then it was reportedly found in a dumpster at Texas Stadium.

:laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have voted for Romo.

Emmitt Smith thought his was a joke and tried to not accept it or return it. The trash can story is true from what I remember.