Warning: adult language, Mahomes reacts to the best play of the year

joseephuss

Reaction score
Question about that play:
If Kelsey's backward pass got intercepted, could Buffalo have declined the penalty or was that a penalty like a false start?
Yes, it could have been declined in that scenario. It is similar to an illegal formation penalty.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Refs have been awful this year but that play was the right call. Mahomes is looking like a fool. Should have yelled last week.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Their RT that got caught for lineinv 2 yards in the backfield is still lining ip 2 yards in the backfield. Lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Question about that play:
If Kelsey's backward pass got intercepted, could Buffalo have declined the penalty or was that a penalty like a false start?
Yeah, they could have declined it. It's not a false start as it's not simulating the start of the play. It's like an illegal formation/illegal motion type penalty. Or, really, it's just the same as if the defense lines up offsides.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I may of missed it but why was the play allowed to continue off an offensive offsides call? What's the difference between a false start and offsides in terms of presnap penalties?
One is simulating the start of the play. The other is just where you lineup.

Neutral Zone Infraction, False Start, and Illegal snap are all that is going to result in an immediate stoppage.

The unabated to the QB penalty actually falls under neutral zone infraction, and not offsides, which is why it is stopped when it happens.

Flamma

Reaction score
Their reaction....especially his, has been an embarrassment.
The call was clear and obvious.
Hopefully today he sees what a fool he was acting like and admits the mistake.
I initially thought they flagged him for a neutral zone infraction. That wouldn't make sense. But the WR was actually offsides. Going by what Mahomes said, I'm thinking that's what he thought as well. That never gets called on the offense.

Usually when WRs get flagged, it's usually for not being close enough to the line.