Warning I received here

triplets_93

Reaction score
I got this pop-up while on the Cowboys Zone Forum:

Visiting this website may harm your computer

Firefox blocked this page because it might attempt to install malicious software that may steal or delete personal information on your computer.

Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing.

nextoptim.com has been reported as containing malicious software. You can report a detection problem or ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.

Learn more about harmful web content including viruses and other malware and how to protect your computer at StopBadware.org. Learn more about Firefox’s Phishing and Malware Protection at support.mozilla.org.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like your browser’s been hijacked. You’ll want to google how to remove ‘nextoptim’ for whatever setup you’re using.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Sounds like your browser’s been hijacked. You’ll want to google how to remove ‘nextoptim’ for whatever setup you’re using.
I have Webroot, so it can handle that. Instead of being an infection, this was a warning from Mozilla Firefox, that if I stayed on the page that I was on, that there could have been an infection. I suspect it has to do with a pop up ad here, and something that was in that ad that popped up here.... I have no idea which one.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do not show pop-up ads on this site. We show Google Ads which makes it even less likely its on this site since it was a Google Safe browsing alert you received.

It's possible for your browser to be exploited by Adobe Flash on many sites which is why Google Chrome no longer includes it in their browser. Most "redirects" that happen do so via constant exploits being found in Adobe Flash so I highly recommend you remove or at least disable it in your browser.

It's possible you visited another site right before CZ and either your browser was infected or the other site tagged your browser to open a pop-up ad when you left it (they are called on-exit ads) which is why it appeared to be from CZ.

In any case, the warning may have appeared when you tried to visit CZ but we are not showing those kinds of ads ourselves.

triplets_93

Reaction score
My terminology was not correct. I was referring to the ads at the top and bottom of the page. I'm only reporting what I saw. If I'm the only one getting these warnings, then it's on me.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get warnings like that. I immediately turn my computer off. I believe that if you click the "scan" button, you'll then get a virus.