Warren Moon: Justin Blackmon is Dez Bryant 'with all of his brain cells'

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
rocboy22;4838446 said:
google search for what?? I am not getting your point. Why can I not state the fact most rookie WRs will struggle to put up numbers with a scrub QB throwing to them??

I am not claiming that to be Blackmon's only problem. Why do I need to know anything about Blackmon???

and, I see 2 times mentioning people trying to argue. not several.

You are entitled to state that as much as you would like, but the generalization still does not fit the situation covered in this thread.

As for your second comment, I would invite you to consider that you might in fact be in a thread that covers Justin Blackmon? If you wish to not know anything about him, this might not be a good thread for you. :confused:

NickZepp

Reaction score
The leading WR for the Jags is Cecil Shorts who has over 500 yards and 19 yards a catch. If Blackmon were good enough he should be getting those stats. Fact is Blackmon isn't a big play guy in the NFL. He was great in college and was in a good system that helped him out, and also against some badly coached teams in college. The Big 12 has had nobody that coaches defense the last 5 years.

blackbull

Reaction score
NickZepp;4838551 said:
The leading WR for the Jags is Cecil Shorts who has over 500 yards and 19 yards a catch. If Blackmon were good enough he should be getting those stats. Fact is Blackmon isn't a big play guy in the NFL. He was great in college and was in a good system that helped him out, and also against some badly coached teams in college. The Big 12 has had nobody that coaches defense the last 5 years.

People blaming gabbert just got owned. I love it

Bluestang

Reaction score
I think if this forum had a mulligan button there would be quite a folks that would use it in this thread. :lmao:

basstapp

Reaction score
cecil shorts has looked pretty good with gabbert at qb, just saying.

rocboy22

Reaction score
Joe Rod;4838528 said:
You are entitled to state that as much as you would like, but the generalization still does not fit the situation covered in this thread.

As for your second comment, I would invite you to consider that you might in fact be in a thread that covers Justin Blackmon? If you wish to not know anything about him, this might not be a good thread for you. :confused:

if that is truly the case, that is all that needed to be said to me from the start - "while that is often true, it really doesn't fit here. Blackmon has not performed well becasue of A, B, C....etc."

Not to start saying I am wrong about Blackmon, when I have just made a general statement and not tried to claim that is the reason Blackmon is not performing at a high level.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
rocboy22;4839338 said:
if that is truly the case, that is all that needed to be said to me from the start - "while that is often true, it really doesn't fit here. Blackmon has not performed well becasue of A, B, C....etc."

Not to start saying I am wrong about Blackmon, when I have just made a general statement and not tried to claim that is the reason Blackmon is not performing at a high level.

I reread and still feel content with what I posted.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
As soon as he got his 2nd DWI/DUI any argument he was smart or a good kid went out the window

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I was pretty emphatic that Blackmon was being way way overhyped. College production is fine but does not always translate to NFL compliance. I thought he might be an ok possession receiver, it was noticeable to me he had pretty severe limits.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Blackmon is top ten pick. He should be doing better.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Lodeus;4839905 said:
Blackmon is top ten pick. He should be doing better.

Only if you think he was deserving of being a top ten pick as the Jags did.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
CATCH17;4845477 said:
Ruh roh.. He finally did something.

Where was that guy earlier this season when he was killing my fantasy team? He looked like a totally different player today, fought hard. Aside from that early touchdown drop he was unbelievable.