Warren Sapp

alancdc

Reaction score
I would take this guy any day on my team. He had what, 10 sacks as a NT this year, and he is a "team" guy. Man, I wish we had him with a star on his helmet. He is fired up to play for the freakin Raidas, can you imagine him with Big D????? He is killin' it on the NFL Network this week.

k19

Reaction score
He plays DT not NT and he's not even the wrong side of 30, he's the wrong side of almost 35. If you want Sapp move up and take Omobi Akoye. Similar players, 17 years younger

Please tell me youre just trying to distract from the HC search

CoachHodnett

Play-calling is an Art
Reaction score
Hasn't he been quoted in the past claming that he loves the Cowboys or is a huge Cowboys fan and that he would love to play for Dallas?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CoachHodnett;1350298 said:
Hasn't he been quoted in the past claming that he loves the Cowboys or is a huge Cowboys fan and that he would love to play for Dallas?
Yes, he grew up a Cowboys fan.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Well..considering that we recently cut the younger version of Sapp in Glover, and that Glover is a better human being all around....I vote no.

Hailmary

Reaction score
If he is willing to sign an incentive laden one year contract and is willing to play a very limited situational role, then MAYBE I'd consider it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hailmary;1350354 said:
If he is willing to sign an incentive laden one year contract and is willing to play a very limited situational role, then MAYBE I'd consider it.

How's that work?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1350327 said:
Well..considering that we recently cut the younger version of Sapp in Glover, and that Glover is a better human being all around....I vote no.

glover?
are you serious? sapp could break glover in two.

k19

Reaction score

k19

Reaction score
theogt;1350389 said:
Of course he's not a 3-4 NT. That doesn't mean he's not a NT. Which do you think is more accurate? NFL, Yahoo, ESPN, or the Oakland Raiders?

Judging by the raiders track record I'd go with ESPN, yahell, or NFLN :D

alancdc

Reaction score
k19;1350297 said:
He plays DT not NT and he's not even the wrong side of 30, he's the wrong side of almost 35. If you want Sapp move up and take Omobi Akoye. Similar players, 17 years younger

Please tell me youre just trying to distract from the HC search

Well, I was actually just saying that I would love to have someone LIKE Warren Sapp on our team. A guy that has energy, even at the wrong side of 35. How many sacks lead our team this year? He had 10, I believe, from the NT, DT, whatever position he played. Again, I am not saying that I want Sapp, as he is not even available, but that I think we need a "SAPP TYPE" player on our defense that will bring the intensity, and attitude back to our team.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Seven;1350368 said:
How's that work?

Obvious passing situations, 3rd and very long.

As for the incentive laden part, if he records a certain number of sacks, participates in x amount of plays, makes the pro bowl.....yadda, yadda, yadda...he can reap the full benefits of the deal.

Personally, I don't think it's a good fit, but if he's willing, than why the heck not.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hailmary;1350354 said:

Sure... I'm Warren Sapp, I want to come for some crazy incentive-laden deal. Look around the league? Who signs deals like that? No one.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hailmary;1350446 said:
Obvious passing situations, 3rd and very long.

As for the incentive laden part, if he records a certain number of sacks, participates in x amount of plays, makes the pro bowl.....yadda, yadda, yadda...he can reap the full benefits of the deal.

Personally, I don't think it's a good fit, but if he's willing, than why the heck not.

Makes a certain number of sacks? Participates in x amount of plays AND makes the probowl yet would "play a very limited situational role"?

Still doesn't make sense. I don't think Brian Urlacher could do that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
stealth;1350377 said:
glover?
are you serious? sapp could break glover in two.

Glover Stats since 2002:

2002 - 37 TACKLES, 12 ASSISTS, 6.5 SACKS
2003 - 32 TACKLES, 16 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2004 - 32 TACKLES, 9 ASSISTS, 7 SACKS
2005 - 23 TACKLES, 5 ASSISTS, 3 SACKS
2006 - 34 TACKLES, 4 ASSISTS, 5.5 SACKS

Sapp Stats since 2002:

2002 - 40 TACKLES, 7 ASSISTS, 7.5 SACKS
2003 - 36 TACKLES, 7 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2004 - 30 TACKLES, 12 ASSISTS, 2.5 SACKS
2005 - 29 TACKLES, 3 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2006 - 32 TACKLES, 15 ASSISTS, 10 SACKS

In other words, with the exception of more sacks the last two years, they are pretty much the same.

And Glover has won the strongest man competition in the last couple of years. So explain to me how 'Sapp could break Glover in two.":rolleyes:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1350574 said:
Glover Stats since 2002:

2002 - 37 TACKLES, 12 ASSISTS, 6.5 SACKS
2003 - 32 TACKLES, 16 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2004 - 32 TACKLES, 9 ASSISTS, 7 SACKS
2005 - 23 TACKLES, 5 ASSISTS, 3 SACKS
2006 - 34 TACKLES, 4 ASSISTS, 5.5 SACKS

Sapp Stats since 2002:

2002 - 40 TACKLES, 7 ASSISTS, 7.5 SACKS
2003 - 36 TACKLES, 7 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2004 - 30 TACKLES, 12 ASSISTS, 2.5 SACKS
2005 - 29 TACKLES, 3 ASSISTS, 5 SACKS
2006 - 32 TACKLES, 15 ASSISTS, 10 SACKS

In other words, with the exception of more sacks the last two years, they are pretty much the same.

And Glover has won the strongest man competition in the last couple of years. So explain to me how 'Sapp could break Glover in two.":rolleyes:

sapp peed on a paralyzed orphan and that orphan, he walked again, and kicked chuck norris' *** by a round house kick. what you got now??????

how much does sapp weigh?

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
alancdc;1350292 said:
I would take this guy any day on my team. He had what, 10 sacks as a NT this year, and he is a "team" guy. Man, I wish we had him with a star on his helmet. He is fired up to play for the freakin Raidas, can you imagine him with Big D????? He is killin' it on the NFL Network this week.

Raiders actually have a pretty good young defense - So I'm not surprised that he has played well there.

However I think at this point in his career he would just be a lethagic fatcat if he were to sign a contract with the Cowboys. But considering the horrible free agent moves this front office has made in recent years who knows what to expect.

jrumann59

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1350597 said:
Raiders actually have a pretty good young defense - So I'm not surprised that he has played well there.

However I think at this point in his career he would just be a lethagic fatcat if he were to sign a contract with the Cowboys. But considering the horrible free agent moves this front office has made in recent years who knows what to expect.

So he will be signing a 5 year 45 million dollar deal with Washington with a 10 mil signing bonus.