Warriors trio on brink of NBA history elites

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Their chance to win their 4th title in 6 years with the Trio named the Splash Bro’s now have 20 NBA Finals wins together , the 2nd most for any trio since 1970.

They are approaching the company of Kareem Abdul- Jabbar, Magic Johnson and Michael Cooper who won 22 Finals games with the Lakers.

With Mondays win they toppled the 19 victories by the Spurs Tim Duncan, Mino Ginobili and Tony Parker.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They’ve won 3 of the last 7 Titles. If they when this year it will be 4 of the last 8.

They really are well-equipped to continue vying for rings too. Poole and Kuminga will only get better; Wiseman has a ton of potential; and Moody can be an improvement over Damian Lee and Juan-Toscano Anderson in terms of depth.

I think the biggest/most critical decision they have to make is what to do with Wiggins. I don’t believe they can keep Wiggins and extend Poole.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
They’ve won 3 of the last 7 Titles. If they when this year it will be 4 of the last 8.

They really are well-equipped to continue vying for rings too. Poole and Kuminga will only get better; Wiseman has a ton of potential; and Moody can be an improvement over Damian Lee and Juan-Toscano Anderson in terms of depth.

I think the biggest/most critical decision they have to make is what to do with Wiggins. I don’t believe they can keep Wiggins and extend Poole.

Yes they can.. It's just a matter of how much lux tax Lacob is willing to pay. They're allegedly going to rake in an extra $100-$150 million in revenue owing to this playoff run. That will really soften the blow of any salary inflation. But they have an other year before they have to worry about any of that if I'm not mistaken. And the coolest thing about Steph, Klay and Draymond is they are just humble enough to take a little less salary to keep the band together.

quickccc

Reaction score

and if center james wiseman can ever get healthy like Imbid ....wow

quickccc

Reaction score

don't forget gary payton jr and otto porter ....

quickccc

Reaction score
Their chance to win their 4th title in 6 years with the Trio named the Splash Bro’s now have 20 NBA Finals wins together , the 2nd most for any trio since 1970.

They are approaching the company of Kareem Abdul- Jabbar, Magic Johnson and Michael Cooper who won 22 Finals games with the Lakers.

With Mondays win they toppled the 19 victories by the Spurs Tim Duncan, Mino Ginobili and Tony Parker.

What about other Dynasty's such as Celtics per Bird, McHale and Parish ?
... or Chicago Bulls and their trio of Jordan, Pippien, Grant ? (Although Horace eventually replaced by Rodman)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What about other Dynasty's such as Celtics per Bird, McHale and Parish ?
... or Chicago Bulls and their trio of Jordan, Pippien, Grant ? (Although Horace eventually replaced by Rodman)
The article listed all of the others you mentioned which those trios didn’t win more Finals games .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Article ? ..... Link pleazz ?

:huh:
You’ll have to google . It was in our paper and we can’t link it here. I basically copied it word for word . And unless your a member with DMN you won’t be able to see it. It was an AP story if I recall correctly so it should be somewhere else online .

But remember this was Trio’s NBA Finals games win not team. Jordan and Pippen didn’t have a third person with them that won more finals games .

And Bird and his trio only won 3 Championships so obviously even with those finals losses to Lakers didn’t have more than 20 .

It all added up much to my surprise too.

Here’s another link I found that also mentions it with a google. It’s a more difficult site to scroll down to find it.
https://www.marca.com/en/basketball...iors/2022/06/11/62a42972ca4741a55d8b457e.html

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
They didn’t need KD to win but he sure needed them…

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You’ll have to google . It was in our paper and we can’t link it here. I basically copied it word for word . And unless your a member with DMN you won’t be able to see it. It was an AP story if I recall correctly so it should be somewhere else online .

But remember this was Trio’s NBA Finals games win not team. Jordan and Pippen didn’t have a third person with them that won more finals games .

And Bird and his trio only won 3 Championships so obviously even with those finals losses to Lakers didn’t have more than 20 .

It all added up much to my surprise too.

Here’s another link I found that also mentions it with a google. It’s a more difficult site to scroll down to find it.
https://www.marca.com/en/basketball...iors/2022/06/11/62a42972ca4741a55d8b457e.html

Here is the link to the NBC Sports article after they tied the Spurs. Their next win broke the tie..

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...own-stars-tie-record-finals-wins-all-nba-trio