Was Cowher a DC?

burmafrd

Reaction score
IF so he could double up like Wade did for this year and get a offseason DC.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
burmafrd;3610453 said:
IF so he could double up like Wade did for this year and get a offseason DC.

Cowher was the DC under Marty in KC

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't see why any of the guys familiar with the playbook couldn't call plays.

Calling plays is more about having a feel for the game than actual knowledge of the system. I'd say Jason Garrett has a huge wealth of knowledge about the offensive side of the ball but he lacks a feel for the game. Felix rips off a 20 yard run and Dallas proceeds to pass its way into a punt.

Find the guy on the defensive side of the ball who happens to be most familiar with the system and let him call plays. I seriously cannot see things getting worse.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3610468 said:
I don't see why any of the guys familiar with the playbook couldn't call plays.

Calling plays is more about having a feel for the game than actual knowledge of the system. I'd say Jason Garrett has a huge wealth of knowledge about the offensive side of the ball but he lacks a feel for the game. Felix rips off a 20 yard run and Dallas proceeds to pass its way into a punt.

Find the guy on the defensive side of the ball who happens to be most familiar with the system and let him call plays. I seriously cannot see things getting worse.

I think Romo could do that on offense. On defense we don't have anyone. James maybe but no one else.