News: Was Dallas Interested In Signing Winston?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The thing we cannot offer is an open QB competition next year. That's why he'll sign in NO. NO did not pay Taysom Hill starter's money.

Bingo! Winston knows he's not taking Dak's position. Brees may be done after this year, especially if the Saints win the Super Bowl.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Don't like Cam Newton but would rather have him as a backup than Winston. Cam could play smart within the system.I don't think Winston can play smart at all!
Cam Newton doesn't want to sign anywhere as a back-up quarterback.

He and his camp will likely wait for a starter to go down with an injury somewhere before signing a one year deal there.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We should have been interested in this. There's currently a thread on here laughing at the Eagles for trying to have QB depth while we are married to mediocrity for years. Which is the real joke?

Your QB schtick has gone way past the stale stage.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'm talking about backup QB here, snowflake.

So then why are we tied up in mediocrity for years? Rush isn't signed long term. McCarthy is a big boy apparently allowed to make up his own mind on the personnel. There are lots of free agent backup QB types out there. Maybe McCarthy wants to see what he has within his system.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So then why are we tied up in mediocrity for years? Rush isn't signed long term. McCarthy is a big boy apparently allowed to make up his own mind on the personnel. There are lots of free agent backup QB types out there. Maybe McCarthy wants to see what he has within his system.

Stephen and WillM run the personnel dept.

ghst187

Reaction score
It got intercepted?

ouch!

seriously though, I’ve been flaming Winston since before he was drafted but he has a lot of talent..
He just never got his head right or his TOs under control which is what I said would be his downfall.
Have to wonder if better coaching and play calling for him would’ve helped

Flamma

Reaction score
ouch!

seriously though, I’ve been flaming Winston since before he was drafted but he has a lot of talent..
He just never got his head right or his TOs under control which is what I said would be his downfall.
Have to wonder if better coaching and play calling for him would’ve helped

Sure he has talent. Being reckless with the ball is something that is very hard to quantify. I can't explain it. But you often get a hint from the tape. It reminds me of Vinny Testaverde back in the day. He was always reckless. Then throws 5 picks in the national championship game and still gets picked first overall.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let's be honest though.....if the Cowboys are truly interested in someone they will sign them.

If Winston wants a chance to start again he's not coming to Dallas to sit behind Dak.

He turned down Pittsburgh (Ben) for New Orleans (Brees) - old QBs who will be retiring soon. It would've been stupid of him to come to Dallas.

ghst187

Reaction score
Sure he has talent. Being reckless with the ball is something that is very hard to quantify. I can't explain it. But you often get a hint from the tape. It reminds me of Vinny Testaverde back in the day. He was always reckless. Then throws 5 picks in the national championship game and still gets picked first overall.

It wasn’t just the INTs, it was a lot of fumbles too....
yeah he would have to be put into a Parcells situation who “manages his QB” by Consistently putting him in good situations...effective running game..solid defense...easier reads...

CWR

Reaction score
We should've signed him. Besides the fact we need a back up our starting QB isnt planning on attending the off season program.

Id rather have Winston starting if he was actually learning the offense while Dak was holding out.

You want leverage, throw another talented player at the position.