Was Dez affected by his foot?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I was at the game and didn't get a chance to see if anything was said on TV, and didn't get a chance to see if anything was said on here, but was there any mention of Dez being affected by his foot? He was sitting out a ton of plays in the 2nd half, and when he was in, he often looked to be moving a bit tentatively. From my vantage point (45 yard line), it looked like Dez had man coverage almost all day and they should have been able to keep feeding him like in the 1st quarter. There was often only 1 safety deep, and many times he was shaded to the opposite side of the field. Dez not being full go is the only logical reasoning I can think of for not attacking this defense over and over again.

Also, while I'm at it, the illegal touching on the punt, why was that a touchback exactly? Wouldn't that be a re-kick or 5 yards from the end of the play?

lqmac1

Reaction score
They started putting a safety over top in the second half especially in the 4th. Nothing was said about his foot, I think he was just winded.

The Natural

Reaction score
I thought I read on here somewhere that he said his back tightened up and that's why he was in and out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
They started putting a safety over top in the second half especially in the 4th. Nothing was said about his foot, I think he was just winded.

Like I said, much of the time there was only one safety back, and it was to the opposite side of Dez, he had one on one coverage with no safety help. Should have feasted on that.

I just saw his tweet that said he was a little banged up.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Like I said, much of the time there was only one safety back, and it was to the opposite side of Dez, he had one on one coverage with no safety help. Should have feasted on that.

I just saw his tweet that said he was a little banged up.

You're right. 9/141/1 against a very solid corner isn't gonna cut it, Dez. His back did tighten up, but nothing serious, according to him.

The announcer's said something about the safety help as well. I'm sure is was disguised coverage so you didn't catch on to it. Not saying every play, but some of them. He took advantage when called upon.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Also, while I'm at it, the illegal touching on the punt, why was that a touchback exactly? Wouldn't that be a re-kick or 5 yards from the end of the play?

It was news to me, but I think the announcer (or ref?) said if the punt is downed within the 5 yard line, that penalty can be accepted as a touchback.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You're right. 9/141/1 against a very solid corner isn't gonna cut it, Dez. His back did tighten up, but nothing serious, according to him.

The announcer's said something about the safety help as well. I'm sure is was disguised coverage so you didn't catch on to it. Not saying every play, but some of them. He took advantage when called upon.

I am not criticizing Dez, just not sure why the team didn't take advantage of it more. There were 10 guys up within a couple yards of the LOS with Dez on an island...any disguise wouldn't matter, he had a ton of room to work with.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not for nothing, and I think I mentioned this in a diff thread too...but Dez stats easily should have been 11 for 200+

That PI call was as bogus as it gets, and he had a very uncharacteristic drop on that ball in the 4th quarter. Those two plays go differently and he has a MONSTER game.