Was just thinking of Romo's franchise TD record, and

Woods

Reaction score
are you kidding me?

Romo has annilated the record with still 4 games to play!

I guess it really hadn't sunk in how QUICKLY Romo has accomplished everything he has . . . . The guy has only started for a bit over 1 season.

That's just phenominal.

I can't remember another QB, other than Brady, who has taken the QB position by such storm. Maybe Marino did? But I can't think of anyone else.

sago1

Reaction score
Romo and the Dallas offense are having a great season. He's got great talent but he also has an OC who knows how to tailor the offense around Romo so all of our offensive weapons can be fully utilized. Of course it helps that Romo himself is one of our big weapons. He's taken an amazing step up since the 2006 season. Can't even begin to imagine how Romo could improve even further in 2008. Sure hope Jerry has some way of keeping Garrett around at least one more year to ensure that Romo's full potential is can be reached.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kevwun;1806138 said:
Warner started out similiarly also.

Warner certainly qualifies.

Maybe so does Don Majkowski, who was a 10th round draft pick.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
kevwun;1806138 said:
Warner started out similiarly also.
Not quite. He hung around a couple of teams and was cut. Then he went to Arena Football for awhile. He was out on his butt and stocking groceries for a living before getting his chance to backup Trent Green who went down with an injury. THEN he took off like a shot. But only Brady and Marino did it like Romo with their original team and didn't bounch around the league(s) first.

Mr. Marti

Reaction score
I know how you feel man. I am so excited about our future with Romo. To be honest coming into the season I was a bit worried that maybe we had seen the best of Romo but he keeps getting better and better after each week.

The team loves him so he gets all of the protection he could want to make all of the great on field decisions.

Can you guys imagine this guy into his 5th season at the rate he is going? "Who's that Brady guy everyone used to talk about?" :bow:

utrunner07

Reaction score
Romo's great, but one of the MAIN reasons he is setting all of the franchise records is becuase of the lack of a great running game we have often had in the past...not takning anything away from Romo's abilities though.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
utrunner07;1806232 said:
Romo's great, but one of the MAIN reasons he is setting all of the franchise records is becuase of the lack of a great running game we have often had in the past...not takning anything away from Romo's abilities though.
Our running game isn't all that bad, we are ranked #11 in NFL and #4 in NFC, I would consider it as pretty decent.

twa

Reaction score
utrunner07;1806232 said:

While I agree he is setting records because we focus on the pass first(much like the DW era) it is not our running games fault...simply a offensive philosophy.

One that I hope can survive in the colder weather.