Was TE-by-committee adequate vs CAR?

_sturt_

Reaction score
...or could it be said Witten and Dak would have connected, and given us a real shot at tying the game? Did you see anything that alarmed you blocking-wise? Would Witten have made some difference to the running game, in your opinion?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...or could it be said Witten and Dak would have connected, and given us a real shot at tying the game? Did you see anything that alarmed you blocking-wise? Would Witten have made some difference to the running game, in your opinion?

Was Zeke Elliott getting most of the carries adequate? Was Dak's passing adequate? Was anything on offense adequate? I don't think we can judge anything by this game. It was all bad on offense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It was my understanding there were a lot of plays there in the passing game, but due to breakdowns there were tons of issues.

Dak had a bad game- he admits it- and the offensive line did a poor job in pass protection. I don't think the receivers and TE's were the problem at Carolina.

I don't think Witten or Dez would have mattered in this one. This game was lost up front. Tyron Smith looked very rusty, Connor Williams was bullied, etc.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jarwin got open. Lol. More than once. Our receivers can get open. Dak has to get the ball to them. Accurate or fairly, should see improvement this week. My guess is we open with a boot leg and pass.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Colts just dropped a Rico-like project, Erik Swoopes, who played college basketball at UMiami and sat out all of last year with an injury. Smaller frame than Rico, but as their 3rd TE on the 53-man who beat out a couple of competitors, seemingly more developed. Couple of years older.

If you don't think Schultz is going to help you this year, maybe you look to slide him back to the practice squad and pick up Swoopes... ???

Incidentally, it was our good friend Jihad Ward who claimed Swoopes roster spot.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I thought Swaim had some nice plays.
Obviously Jarwin can get open.
Bottom line...#4 HAS to play better...with all the crap-talk from the giants...I hope Dak has a good game.
We need him to.
Where he goes.....we go.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Tight ends weren’t the problem, Dak and the line was , linehan could of done better, but looking at the film , we could of won if Dak played average, it was just a piss poor game for him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TE's ought to have had a big day last week. Both Swaim and Jarwin had significant opportunities that were missed through no fault of their own.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
IMO Dallas would've won a close game with Witten. Swaim did a ok job but Witten did alot more than just catch passes. He was basically a 6th OL blocking. We forget just how great of a blocker he was. His loss is 10x what the loss of Dez was. Swaim and Jawrin tried to get blocks in but like with the loss of Frederick, you can have a player who did their job and played a good game but still the drop off you see if going to be noticed immediately. Not really a knock on the replacements, but Frederick and Witten were just great at what they did.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hard to say, Dak was so bad we shouldn't assume anything. It's not like guys were on different pages, or dropping balls etc. Just looked like Dak was feeling more pressure than what was actually there so he tried looking for easy throws and missed the wide open guys further downfield.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No..

RICO and Dak should have connected but our brillaint leadership didn't dress Rico out.

Cap12

Reaction score
It was my understanding there were a lot of plays there in the passing game, but due to breakdowns there were tons of issues.

Dak had a bad game- he admits it- and the offensive line did a poor job in pass protection. I don't think the receivers and TE's were the problem at Carolina.

I don't think Witten or Dez would have mattered in this one. This game was lost up front. Tyron Smith looked very rusty, Connor Williams was bullied, etc.
If you watch Okoye's analysis using the All 22, you'll see that Dak has to carry a lion's share of the blame. For the most part, the TE's and WRs seemed to do a good job on their routes. Yes, Williams didn't have a great first game, but for the most part, did his job decently (He only looked bad a few times) Smith was rusty, but aside from the push in the back on the screen, his pas pro was okay (his run blocking in the first half, not so good). Overall, Dak has to do a better job seeing the feild and getting rid of the ball on-time and on-target. This unneccessary dancing around and fading back must stop.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Ok. In about 5 games from now when these tes have 1 td and one play over 20 yards playing every snap like 82 but we're losing because we only scored 6 points on offense then come tell me how Dak missed them. Of course our passing stinks. We stack the formations on 3rd and Long w a te whose averaging 6 yards per catch. Looked like the same dinky insignificant unimpactful bunch of fluff that we got from our te core for the last 4 years.

Rico looks like Gronk compared to these tes but him and Tavon all the other rbs and receivers are on the bench so Swaim can get his 3 gimme receptions for 18 yards. On every passing snap!!!

Here comes the Koolaid. Let's drink up some of that Garrettaid. These guys are Jags who will turn over the ball more than they score TDS.

My over and under on tds for swaim Jarwin and Schultz is 2 all year. If Rico played all year my over and under would be 6.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
What were the final stats for the te dominated passing snaps on paper?

Enough said. Until which time they show up on paper or the highlight reel I'm grading this te core an F for about 4-5 years now.

So 3 catches for 18 yards is par for A starting te playing every snap. Those look like subpar #'s any way you slice it to me.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
The TE position does not offer anything to the offense now. Rico is the only hope and that is pathetic to place all hope in him.