Was watching Tape of 2002 NFLDraft,Harrington, interesting things

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hey, guys and ladies, I was watching my tape of 2002 NFL draft, where Harrington was picked 3rd overall in 1st round. They had some interesting tape on him. Yet, also, one reporter announced a team that knew QB's, they had Harrington rated as a fourth round QB.
Also, I watched us trade our pick 6th overall down to 8th pick,, which we chose Roy Williams as you all know. In that trade with Kansas City, just moving down two spots, we swapped number 1 picks, our 6th for kcity 8th in first round. We also got Kansas City's 3rd round pick & a 6th round selection.
So, see if we make a trade from 18th to 20th, we should be able to get a 3rd rounder, and a 6th pick. If we trade down further, we should get a 2nd rounder, if move down 4-6 spots further.

MONT17

Reaction score
trading draft picks are based ona chart... the 6th pick and the 18th pick are apples and oranges!!!

that trade down produced NOTHING!!!

I am a fan of the boys moving up to get a player that will not only starrt day 1 but make an impact!!! and if that means a cpl of pix I say go for it!!!

Catch-22

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
Hey, guys and ladies, I was watching my tape of 2002 NFL draft, where Harrington was picked 3rd overall in 1st round. They had some interesting tape on him. Yet, also, one reporter announced a team that knew QB's, they had Harrington rated as a fourth round QB.
Also, I watched us trade our pick 6th overall down to 8th pick,, which we chose Roy Williams as you all know. In that trade with Kansas City, just moving down two spots, we swapped number 1 picks, our 6th for kcity 8th in first round. We also got Kansas City's 3rd round pick & a 6th round selection.
So, see if we make a trade from 18th to 20th, we should be able to get a 3rd rounder, and a 6th pick. If we trade down further, we should get a 2nd rounder, if move down 4-6 spots further.
I move from 8 to 6 costs a whole lot more than 20 to 18

Justis

Reaction score
think about it, by this logic anytime you trade down two picks you get a 3rd rounder. We should trade down in the 6th round and pick up a 3rd rounder.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Justis said:
think about it, by this logic anytime you trade down two picks you get a 3rd rounder. We should trade down in the 6th round and pick up a 3rd rounder.
:moon:

Jay

Reaction score
Um, his 'logic' wasn't about any round. 6th round? Gimme a break.

Anyways, what would we get for trading down to #20? Anyone have the chart?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Jay said:
Um, his 'logic' wasn't about any round. 6th round? Gimme a break.

Anyways, what would we get for trading down to #20? Anyone have the chart?

Trading down from 18 to 20 is the equivalent of 50 points which equals a late fourth rounder.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
pvc.gif

The difference between #18 and #20 is about 50 points, which is equal to about a late 4th round pick.

Or a 3rd rounder in 2007, right?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Trading down from 18 to 20 is the equivalent of 50 points which equals a late fourth rounder.
Drats, a few seconds too late.

lkelly

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
trading draft picks are based ona chart... the 6th pick and the 18th pick are apples and oranges!!!

that trade down produced NOTHING!!!

I am a fan of the boys moving up to get a player that will not only starrt day 1 but make an impact!!! and if that means a cpl of pix I say go for it!!!

Excellent use of multiple quotation marks. Much more emphatic!!!!!

So what sure thing do you mortgage your draft for?

Rumor

Reaction score
Justis said:

eh?...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:

Sorry, doesn't work that way.