Was Witten open in the end zone?

juck

Reaction score
i understand its neither here nor there,but it sure looked like he was wide open.This team is missing JJ bad,I believe that Barber had a good game,and one of the reasons is Seattle saw no threat in him.JJ needs to come back NOW.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He will as soon as he's ready. No sense in rushing him back. We will need him late in the season and in the playoffs, if we get that far.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Witten was wide open because the way DB was running for him to throw back like that the defender could have made a play on the ball but he was open. If DB wouldn't have been running he could have made the pass....

rynochop

Reaction score
juckie said:
i understand its neither here nor there,but it sure looked like he was wide open.This team is missing JJ bad,I believe that Barber had a good game,and one of the reasons is Seattle saw no threat in him.JJ needs to come back NOW.

Agree on JJ. Barber did have a nice game, but, i bet JJ busts a couple of those for big time runs.

Zman5

Reaction score
Witten was open but it would have been hard/dangerous throw for Bledsoe to make.

He was running to the sidelines and there were several defenders in front of Bledsoe and I don't think Bledsoe is a good passer on the run.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zman5 said:
Witten was open but it would have been hard/dangerous throw for Bledsoe to make.

He was running to the sidelines and there were several defenders in front of Bledsoe and I don't think Bledsoe is a good passer on the run.

True, and it also looked that Bledsoe's line of sight to Witten was blocked by the defender as he was running. It would have been diffiicult as you said.

Hoods

Reaction score
Whoever said the defender was in the line of sight and in the way, was right. Witten looked very wide open. Trust me, if Bledsoe had the ability to make that play, he would have. That's a chip throw, if it was possible (which it wasn't). I don't think he risked himself to injury for fun.

NorTex

Reaction score
There was no throwing lane between Bledsoe and Witten...Jason needs to learn how to move around to create a throwing lane on plays like that.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
witten is always open.
Ding, Ding, Ding !!

We have a winner, ... I am beginning to think Bledsoe should ALWAYS know where Witten is.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Wide Open. As soon as Blesoe took off, Wittens man left him WIDE OPEN! All he had to do was rifle one of his typical 4 yd passes right in the belly of our TE doing jumping jacks. WIDE OPEN!

VACowboy

Reaction score
He woulda been widee open on the last drive if he hadn't been grabbed around the knees.