Washington DC area Cowboys Fans

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Awhile ago, some expressed interest in getting together and scouting out the Commanders training camp and maybe grabbing a beer at Dominion.

Anyone still interested?

I was thinking of going out sometime next week in the afternoon. If interested, post a reply and we'll figure out a good time to get a group together and go.

Resident friendly Skins fans are welcome too!

Kilyin

Reaction score
Just make sure Sean Taylor doesn't see you, he might have to do a driveby.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monday, August 8
Open Practice, Afternoon
4:30-6:30 p.m. ET

Tuesday, August 9
Open Practice, Afternoon
4:30-6 p.m. ET

Thursday, August 11
Open Practice, Afternoon
4-6 p.m. ET

These are the last three open practices. I suggest Monday or Thursday (because I'll be golfing on Tues :D ). Meet at Dominion Brewery (just down the road from camp) for a beer around 4:00 and then make our way down to camp around 4:30.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'd come, but I don't think I could make the drive on a weekday. DC traffic SUCKS.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Monday, August 8
Open Practice, Afternoon
4:30-6:30 p.m. ET

Tuesday, August 9
Open Practice, Afternoon
4:30-6 p.m. ET

Thursday, August 11
Open Practice, Afternoon
4-6 p.m. ET

These are the last three open practices. I suggest Monday or Thursday (because I'll be golfing on Tues :D ). Meet at Dominion Brewery (just down the road from camp) for a beer around 4:00 and then make our way down to camp around 4:30.

I would but I'll be in Nashville at Titans TC with 3 of my sons and then the titans\bucs game on the 12th back on the 13th so the following week prob...

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
Be careful if you go. Those Commander fans are evil like in Philly and they won't hesitate to pick your pocket and gut bust you if you break bad on em and statr talking about how sad they are since last decade.

They are suckers who think Gibbs is a god and not a has been who was only a winner because he got lucky in the olden days of early football a years ago but can't do it now and looks lost with Allsheimers disease on the sidelines.

playit12

Reaction score
I Haven't been out there before... How far is it from Old Town? If it's not too far I'd love to grab a beer and scout.

Kchunda

Reaction score
It's quite a drive out to Ashburn from Old Town.

On a related question, where's the most friendly Cowboys bar in the area? Rhino = Eagles and I'm pretty sure there's a Giants bar around here.

Rhoadside Grill's owner is a Cowboys fan (and a Longhorns fan) and is making downstairs at big Texas Ex's place (UT alumni for those who don't know).

Maybe they'll make it a Dallas place too? Any other local places in mind?

playit12

Reaction score
Kchunda said:
It's quite a drive out to Ashburn from Old Town.

On a related question, where's the most friendly Cowboys bar in the area? Rhino = Eagles and I'm pretty sure there's a Giants bar around here.

Rhoadside Grill's owner is a Cowboys fan (and a Longhorns fan) and is making downstairs at big Texas Ex's place (UT alumni for those who don't know).

Maybe they'll make it a Dallas place too? Any other local places in mind?

Downstairs used to be where they hosted all the A&M Alumni meetings. It's not the worst place, but it leaves a little to be desired in terms of a TV. They had that one projection screen which had scene better days.

I used to head out to Shirlington when I lived around there to some pool hall. It used to draw all different fans, so the rabid Skin fans were drowned out. Who knows where I"ll get my fix this year.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
Be careful if you go. Those Commander fans are evil like in Philly and they won't hesitate to pick your pocket and gut bust you if you break bad on em and statr talking about how sad they are since last decade.

They are suckers who think Gibbs is a god and not a has been who was only a winner because he got lucky in the olden days of early football a years ago but can't do it now and looks lost with Allsheimers disease on the sidelines.
I'm not planning on wearing my Roy jersey or talking trash... just getting some football fix in.

I plan on being a silent observer.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
playit12 said:
I Haven't been out there before... How far is it from Old Town? If it's not too far I'd love to grab a beer and scout.

I'd say 45 minutes from Old Town. I just made the drive today, and it took me 30, but traffic was light. Mixing Bowl is all you have to worry about. If you were to leave at 3:30 on a Monday, it shouldn't take you more than 45 min.

It's exit 7 off of the Toll Road -- Loudoun County Parkway. It's clearly marked as "Commanders training camp". Dominion Brewery is off the same exit.

playit12

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I'd say 45 minutes from Old Town. I just made the drive today, and it took me 30, but traffic was light. Mixing Bowl is all you have to worry about. If you were to leave at 3:30 on a Monday, it shouldn't take you more than 45 min.

It's exit 7 off of the Toll Road -- Loudoun County Parkway. It's clearly marked as "Commanders training camp". Dominion Brewery is off the same exit.

Well Monday is probably the only bad day for me... But if you guys decide on one of the other options keep me posted. Sorry for the long delay but it took me a while to find this post again. I guess I should subscribe to this thread.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
playit12 said:
Well Monday is probably the only bad day for me... But if you guys decide on one of the other options keep me posted. Sorry for the long delay but it took me a while to find this post again. I guess I should subscribe to this thread.
Cool. HOpefully we get some others to go along too. THere will be three of us from my office going.

We'll do Thursday. Meet around 4ish at Dominion Brewery.

playit12

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Cool. HOpefully we get some others to go along too. THere will be three of us from my office going.

We'll do Thursday. Meet around 4ish at Dominion Brewery.

Practice starts at 4 on thursday...

Thursday, August 11
Open Practice, Afternoon
4-6 p.m. ET

Might want to catch the beers afterwards? Or at least meet earlier.

I think I can do thursday though. I'll try to drag along a friend from work too, but he is a skin's fan. I think he can play well with others though.

Keep me in the loop

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
sounds good. It'll be easier to meet up at Dominion... fewer people, but I agree it'd be better to get the beer afterwards. We can work on logistics next week.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Me and two buddies from work will be going around 4. If anyone wants to go, PM me and we can work out to maybe get together at a spot there.

playit12

Reaction score
Ha.... Yeah my friend from work is bailing too... perhaps this is just a bad week?

Anyway I'll still go if you are heading out there, but if not I certainly understand.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
playit12 said:
Ha.... Yeah my friend from work is bailing too... perhaps this is just a bad week?

Anyway I'll still go if you are heading out there, but if not I certainly understand.

OK, I'll go. I'll probably be out there closer to 5:00, though. And I'm still up for grabbing a beer afterwards. It's hot as hell today.

I'll be wearing khakis, a grey polo shirt, and a white and blue hat with my company logo on it:

hsp_logo.jpg

See you there.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i dunno about training camp, but i just got tickets for the game at fed ex field in december....sweet!