Washington game on Sunday night

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Uh, no.

This benefits the NFL...they will make more money and have more viewers for that game than maybe any this year. You will have either the Dallas market, which is easily the biggest draw nationally in the league, or you will have the New York market, along with the DC market and Philly market. This is a smart move by the league. Would make no sense to put the Dallas game later than the Washington game because then you lose one of the huge fan bases.

exactly. It benefits the NFL ONLY. Not the fans, nor the players. The NFL and their money.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
On a positive note... playing in front of the nation on primetime will definitely bring forth the best effort from Philly. They generally relish the spoiler role, hopefully we take care of business and the Eagles put the WFT in the ground.
Yeah this put more pressure on Howie and Peterson to fight for their job

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I completely agree....I am actually more certain that the "powers at be" would mess up a higher pick but that's just me.

The other thing...I don't know if you say the JJ Watt video from earlier today, but he spelled out why players and teams should never tank. And honestly, we have already been playing lots of young players that wouldn't have got a chance. Will make us better next year. Set the tone....every game counts. Draft position is important but doesn't mean you should cut corners.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
On a positive note... playing in front of the nation on primetime will definitely bring forth the best effort from Philly. They generally relish the spoiler role, hopefully we take care of business and the Eagles put the WFT in the ground.

but why would philly help us get in???????????

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
exactly. Would **** me off even more if Skins win, and we end up with a middle of the pack draft pick. Make the playoffs and make a run or don't throw away a high pick, not this in-between crap we do every year it seems.

That’s actually a very likely outcome.

lukin2006

Reaction score
So if we win that means I must Cheer for a Philly win. I choose to cheer for a WFT loss...and forget the Eagles even exist.

stiletto

Reaction score
The other thing...I don't know if you say the JJ Watt video from earlier today, but he spelled out why players and teams should never tank. And honestly, we have already been playing lots of young players that wouldn't have got a chance. Will make us better next year. Set the tone....every game counts. Draft position is important but doesn't mean you should cut corners.

Yeah I am leaning towards NEVER believing in a another philosophy. Maybe in 1990. Not now..

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
exactly. It benefits the NFL ONLY. Not the fans, nor the players. The NFL and their money.

You realize the more money the league makes, the more money the players get? And not sure how this in any way hurts the fans. The Dallas game hasn't changed one bit. And the last game of the regular season determines the outcome of a division. That couldn't be better for the fans.

mardwin

Reaction score
THE LEAGUE IS GIVING ALEX SMITH MORE TIME TO HEAL!!!!

d4b.gif
Is going to be super cold next Sunday for a guy with a leg injury.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Eagles get to be spoilers in the last game of the year. I think they will come out ready to ruin the Skins season. I think they hate us all equally. We all have had more Super Bowl success than them. I think the Coach and GM need the win, and I think the QB needs the win. Lots of reasons for Philly to play their best.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
exactly. Would **** me off even more if Skins win, and we end up with a middle of the pack draft pick. Make the playoffs and make a run or don't throw away a high pick, not this in-between crap we do every year it seems.

If you want them to draft defense, middle of the pack is where you want to be

Jipper

Reaction score
How funny is it that the prime time game of the week features two teams with losing records, both of which are missing the playoffs