Twitter: Washington LB Jon Bostic fined $12,000 for hit on Dalton

aikemirv

Reaction score
What was our player fined for a slight smack to the QB helmet?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for emphasis on player safety. I know Dalton is a Cowboy but even if was with any other team (besides Philadelphia) it's ridiculous that hit didn't draw a suspension AND a hefty fine. Considering what the league to CeeDee this isn't even considered a slap on the wrist. It has a 'going through the motions because we have to do something' feel to it.

Redline360

Reaction score
NFL has the most bizarre punishment / fine system ever. If that was brady or Rodgers he's sitting 6 games minimum

If the nfl was truly about safety some of these nasty hits would be huge fines(not 10k bull****) or suspensions with no pay for the extreme ones

14k for an iffy block in the back vs 12k for a deliberate head hunting hit that could of paralyzed someone....sounds legit

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
This.

What is the standard they are using? What exactly is a hit that constitutes and validates a suspension in the league? If that Bostic hit isn’t one, then what is?

I don't know. Remember this hit by Gronk? I think he only got 1 game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The NFL really makes it hard to be a fan. This sort of garbage should not be based on whether Goodell likes the team or not.
yup. I follow this board because I can't stop being invested after 50 years of this. But no longer take anything seriously about this league anymore. It's a complete joke. Anyone who doesn't see the hypocrisy of how the league operates doesn't want to see it. The rules are ridiculous and getting more so every year, making officiating impossible and becoming a bigger and bigger part of the game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MM better send a 3rd string guy into our next game against the washout team to take out bostic. A nice blindside shot to the head. Let's see what the nfl does about that.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That makes no sense, when Suh was fined 100K back 2013 for a block to the knees the NFL said "could have caused serious injury to the knees" Dalton was knocked into La La land could suffer permanent brain damage and the guy gets a 12K fine! What Joke..