Washington Post chat blurbs

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;2282706 said:
Tell me, what did tony Gwynn and Cal ripken Jr ever win?

If the answer to this is 'a Superbowl,' I'm going to feel really stupid.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Idgit;2282710 said:
If the answer to this is 'a Superbowl,' I'm going to feel really stupid.

It was rhetorical

He made out that those two guys were good guys unlike TO and said TO has never won anything.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2282706 said:
Tell me, what did tony Gwynn and Cal ripken Jr ever win?

Forget about the 83 World Series, did you?? Cal was also the MVP that year...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
heh, you could tell where his bias is and he doesn't go very far to cover it up!

My thought reading it was that he said "remember, TO hasn't won anything." Well, Michael, what will you say about TO if he wins one this year?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
silverbear;2282739 said:
Forget about the 83 World Series, did you?? Cal was also the MVP that year...

An MVP isn't exactly a championship. Ask A-Rod.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Jerry Rice and MJ (Dawg Team, Roo) were terrible teammates. Jordan use to make grown men cry in practice.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2282942 said:
Cal was the MVP of the 1983 World Series :)

No, Rick Dempsey was. I forgotten that the Orioles where in the '83 World Series. I didn't actually start watching WS until 85' when it was the Royals / Cardinals. (watched it with my dad) Before then, I watched the Rangers only and didn't give a crap about anyone else or who was winning the WS.

silverbear

Reaction score
nyc;2282840 said:
An MVP isn't exactly a championship. Ask A-Rod.

And the O's beat the Phillies in the 83 Series, 4 games to 1... I do believe that IS a championship...

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2282942 said:
Cal was the MVP of the 1983 World Series :)

No, that was Rick Dempsey, a surprise MVP if ever there was one... Cal was the AL MVP that year...

Been an O's fan since 1965...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's hard to believe any slob sitting in their comfortable chairs yapping about others profession, when they have no clue. Most of the talking heads like Wildumb are jerks themselves.

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove;2284899 said:
It's hard to believe any slob sitting in their comfortable chairs yapping about others profession, when they have no clue. Most of the talking heads like Wildumb are jerks themselves.

As a general rule, you're right, but I have to note that it IS possible for a non-jock to make a very, very good analyst of the game...

Example-- the single best draft guru I ever found was not Mel Kiper, but rather the late Joel Buchsbaum, draft analyst for Pro Football Weekly for many years... Joel was your classic 98 pound weakling; hell, let's be honest, he looked like one of those pictures of the survivors of Auschwitz right after its liberation... I'm pretty sure he had to stuff rocks in his pockets when he went out on windy days...

He made John Clayton look like Charles Atlas... LOL...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Michael Wilbon: No, he's been a jerk. He was a jerk to Jeff Garcia, a Pro Bowl QB. He was a jerk to Donovan McNabb, a Pro Bowl QB who led his team to the NFC Championship game three times before T.O. arrived in Philly. Look, T.O. is one of the 10-12 greatest receivers of all-time. He's a lock for first-ballot Hall of Fame induction. And he's been a jerk...This isn't PR. It's self-indulgent, egomaniacal behavior. Let's call it what it is.

I'm having a very hard time thinking of 9 guys ahead of T.O. Even if he retired right now.