Washington signs QB Jacoby Brissett

Flamma

Reaction score
You have to pay capable QBs these days. If you don’t, you’re going to end up with an incapable QB. Washington screwed up and is paying the price and will continue to pay the price until they find a capable QB. If it was up to some fans on this board, the Cowboys would be in the same boat. They see Dak as Kirk Cousins. Hurts is far from a great QB but he’s making over $50 million per. That’s how it is in the NFL these days.
Yeah I know. But it's not because they didn't sign Cousins. They had their chance in 2020. They chose to not drat a QB in the top 5. Like I said, they are their own worst enemy.

They'd have a QB right now. They chose not to do it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah I know. But it's not because they didn't sign Cousins. They had their chance in 2020. They chose to not drat a QB in the top 5. Like I said, they are their own worst enemy.

They’re their own worst enemy, because they ended up leaving themselves without a viable QB. They went for a cheaper option in Alex Smith who ended up suffering a career ending injury. That left them screwed! Washington has gone through five QBs since they allowed Cousins to walk and several draft picks and are still looking for a QB. There’s really no point discussing this any further.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Washington continues to regret allowing Kirk Cousins to walk. :laugh: If it was up to the fans on this board the Cowboys would be going through the same QB hell they are.
They actually were better with Alex Smith than with Cousins. Smith getting hurt ruined any chance they had. That team is a QB away from being dangerous and let's hope Howell doesn't continue his dominance over Dallas like he did his first and only game.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Exactly! Just like Dallas they didn't want to invest into pedigree because it was gonna cost too much.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They actually were better with Alex Smith than with Cousins. Smith getting hurt ruined any chance they had. That team is a QB away from being dangerous and let's hope Howell doesn't continue his dominance over Dallas like he did his first and only game.
Alex Smith only played 6 games and Washington was 5-1. They were 5-1 with Taylor Heinicke last season before they started losing. It’s hard to say how it would’ve turned out with Alex Smith had he not been injured, but yes Washington is a QB away from being a dangerous team. When they get good consistent QB play they win but good consistent QB play for them has been a problem. They would’ve been a lot better off staying with Cousins who is very productive and led the Vikings to 13 wins last season. Without him they ended up burning a first round pick on Dwayne Haskins and 2 other picks on Carson Wentz. Now they’re stuck with Jacoby Brissett. They’re going through the same cycle they’ve been going through the past two decades, wasting draft picks trying to find a QB and going through castoffs.