Video: Watch: Cowboys' Tyron Smith talks mentality, technique with OL guru Duke Manyweather

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the most impressive things anyone has ever noticed about Dallas Cowboys franchise tackle Tyron Smith is that once he gets his hands on an opponent, that rep is finished. The defender has already lost. Smith, who is working to return after missing 14 games last season due to a neck injury, shared some insight with noted offensive line guru Duane “Duke” Manyweather about the mentality in approaching a rep and where to put eyes on an opponent so that they are able to focus and not fall for any fakes.

Manyweather is well renown as one of the best gurus in the game and is currently working with the majority of the Cowboys’ offensive line, including Zack Martin, La’el Collins, Connor Williams, Tyler Biadasz, Isaac Alarcon and probably many more.

Watch here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/COJnhWGB65p/?utm_source=ig_embed

Link: https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-protection-technique-video/?ref=SiteHype.com

Rayman70

Reaction score
our oline has 2 has beens on there at the bookends. Collins is rehabbing from a hip problem. That is huge. Who's to say he will be the player of old? Tyron has missed a ton of games over the last few years, especially all of 2020, except for 2 games. I'm not good with this at all. Its foolish as hell to expect anything more.We must draft at least 1 tackle.

Techsass

Reaction score
our oline has 2 has beens on there at the bookends. Collins is rehabbing from a hip problem. That is huge. Who's to say he will be the player of old? Tyron has missed a ton of games over the last few years, especially all of 2020, except for 2 games. I'm not good with this at all. Its foolish as hell to expect anything more.We must draft at least 1 tackle.
Has beens is a bit overboard. I don't trust the pre-season diagnostics from the team, but I think Tyron will be good to go. La'el I'm not as sure about just because the no cartilage sounds pretty serious.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's been plenty of crowing by Stephen, lately, that our OL is ready to return to their healthy ways. :rolleyes:
I wonder if that's fact or merely fiction! I'll bet you do, too! :omg: Seems like a lot to ask, at this stage. :confused:

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
the oline will get exploited early and often if we dont address it. Dak will get pounded.

jnday

Reaction score
Has beens is a bit overboard. I don't trust the pre-season diagnostics from the team, but I think Tyron will be good to go. La'el I'm not as sure about just because the no cartilage sounds pretty serious.
Tyron seems to be good to go at the start of every season, but he physically can not hold up for all the games. It is a problem and the team needs to be prepared for his injuries. The injury problem will not improve as he gets older.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tyron seems to be good to go at the start of every season, but he physically can not hold up for all the games. It is a problem and the team needs to be prepared for his injuries. The injury problem will not improve as he gets older.
Thank you. Its the nature of neck and back injuries. Age usually has little to do with them...its the miles. He has a ton of wear and tear on his tires.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its the same narrative every off season lol..Tyron is ready lol. But when the season starts, we can count on him to miss games. Just tired of the naivety of fans and the front office. We gotta be real here.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if he could play at least 3/4 of the year, that would suit well. Cant blame him for injuries. Age and the physicality of the game, wears you down.

Turk

Reaction score
I have not seen where that no cartilage bit has been verified by ANYONE worth a bucket of spit.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If we don't draft a Tackle with number 10, this is a good draft to get a developmental Tackle in the early to middle rounds especially if one falls to us.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Jeez his hands are huge, but then I looked up who had the biggest hands in the nfl, apparently daks are close at 10 7/8 compared to tyrons at 11

817Gill

Reaction score
I have not seen where that no cartilage bit has been verified by ANYONE worth a bucket of spit.
It’s a completely arbitrary rumor that some have chosen to accept as fact. A microcosm of how news travels today.