Watching a Trainwreck...

dcjules

Reaction score
Thats about as much of a complete butt whipping as you can give someone....all phases of the game....painful to watch, being a diehard I sat through that entire 60 minutes to feel the pain....After last weeks win, Dallas was in position to go for a high seed, no they will have to fight to make sure they dont blow the Division. I just didnt see the emotion I saw the Saints come out with....it looked like the Saints wanted to "prove" themselves whereas the Cowboys were stuck reading last weeks headlines, as the "best in the NFC".....well at least we dont have to worry about that anymore...

Emotion was missing, and then lost after the Saints started to roll.....

Zimmer, BP, whoever....were outcoached to the max with regards to the Defensive gameplan....long drives, failure to stop on 3rd down etc....we were blown up....

Offensively, we never got into anything, maybe it was the gameplan, maybe the Saints took stuff away....but we werent in sync at all.....hard also to do when the Defense couldnt stop em....

Overall just a trainwreck.....bad combo when two good teams ( yes dallas is still good) meet and one forgets how to play....Saints arent that good, and Dallas isnt that bad.....just one of those nights....Sainst will be exposed, like Dallas was last night....the mediocre NFC is that, good teams that on any given night can stink it up.....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Zimmer, BP, whoever....were outcoached to the max with regards to the Defensive gameplan....long drives, failure to stop on 3rd down etc....we were blown up....

Besides the score, this should be the biggest headline by beat writers and mediots. There was no adjustments made in the flats where Brees exploited the linebackers, the players were totally off-guard with the onside kick they have almost certainly ran before and the players should have been ready.

Also, another observation was how the linebackers constantly bit on Dree Brees's fakes one way and would totally throw the ball the other direction. I dont know how many times I saw Brees snap the ball, jump up in the air torwards the left or right, punt fake, come down on his feet and throw it the other way to the flats and no defender would be around because they constantly fell for the play fakes and not staying true to their area.

And that play in the Red Zone, where they had their fullback offset to the right and the Cowboys were thinking pass pass, and Brees just hands it to the guy and the Cowboys just didnt see it coming.

Parcells got totally outcoached in that game and let Payton set the pace of the game.

Others disagree, but they should have gotten a heavy dose of JJ and Barber as their Run Defense is horrid and you dont want to get into a shootout with this team.
[/quote]

Offensively, we never got into anything, maybe it was the gameplan, maybe the Saints took stuff away....but we werent in sync at all.....hard also to do when the Defense couldnt stop em....

The Saints didnt take away anything, the Cowboys gave to them. And if someone was seeing the Cowboys play for the first time, they would think the only play in our offense is the Deep throw to Terrell Owens, very Chicago Bearish imo.

- Mike G