Watching Jason Witten Retire With Grinning Jerry Jones

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm referring to the 3pm games on Sundays, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Cowboys only played one Sunday 3:00 game the entire 1988 season. And 3:00 isn’t “prime time”.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You have made this about 1 season 1988 and the 3pm game is the national game for that station that week. You've tried to make the point that the cowboys were not profitable and I agree with that but you've also tried to make the point that they were not as popular and that is false. Those 2 things don't have to be connected. I'm done with this debate.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You had no problem with the way St. Jason left.

Yet Parcells "quit".

The irony.

I didn’t say if I had a problem with it or not. Maybe it is the way you took it. Stop saying I said things I did not. Or posted on this case.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have made this about 1 season 1988 and the 3pm game is the national game for that station that week. You've tried to make the point that the cowboys were not profitable and I agree with that but you've also tried to make the point that they were not as popular and that is false. Those 2 things don't have to be connected. I'm done with this debate.

This made me laugh. Your argument has been the Cowboys brand hadn’t taken a hit prior to the sale to Jerry Jones, and now you are telling me reality that existed in the season immediately preceding the sale isn’t important to look at? I guess you wouldn’t think so since it doesn’t support your claim that the Cowboys were getting more 3:00 games than other teams prior to the sale to Jones. Seems facts only matter if they support you. Of course, you’ve struggled to find facts that support you in this. I don’t think you’ve actually found one yet.

Again, explain how a team that was previously a thriving financial success was losing money if there wasn’t a loss in revenue.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This made me laugh. Your argument has been the Cowboys brand hadn’t taken a hit prior to the sale to Jerry Jones, and now you are telling me reality that existed in the season immediately preceding the sale isn’t important to look at? I guess you wouldn’t think so since it doesn’t support your claim that the Cowboys were getting more 3:00 games than other teams prior to the sale to Jones. Seems facts only matter if they support you. Of course, you’ve struggled to find facts that support you in this. I don’t think you’ve actually found one yet.

Again, explain how a team that was previously a thriving financial success was losing money if there wasn’t a loss in revenue.

This got boring awhile ago, again I'm done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This got boring awhile ago, again I'm done.

Oh no, don’t leave now! That would be tragic! I really wanted - nay, needed - to hear how the “brand” of the Dallas Cowboys was as strong while the team was losing $1 million a month and when it sold for a very meager $140 million, as it was before that when it was originally labeled “America’s Team”, and as it is now that it is valued at $4.2 billion.

You’ve kept us waiting, and now you are leaving without sharing? This is a difficult, yet important economic concept to grasp, and you hold the key. Please don’t leave us hanging. One of our members may become a congressman, or even president, and he will need to be able to explain to the public how an $18 trillion national debt is a really a surplus. Only you can help!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t say if I had a problem with it or not. Maybe it is the way you took it. Stop saying I said things I did not. Or posted on this case.

You said Parcells quit. You didn't say Witten quit.

I'm guessing because you worship one of the two.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Get over the irrational need make exaggerated, and nonsensical accusations. Maybe he is biased, maybe not, but accusing him of “worship” only makes your own points, even if they are legitimate, look weaker because it comes across as if you have to resort to exaggerated nonsense, rather than logic, to make your point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would quit two after 15 seasons and had Dak ( I can't hit the side of a barn) throwing to me.

You see the QB he thanked right....it wasn't Dak.

This is a nonsense point, first because the overwhelming majority of his career was with a Romo, so of course he would thank Romo in the way he did, no matter who the QB was his final 2 years, and second, because he did thank Dak, along with several other active players. It’s ridiculous to suggest it was somehow a negative statement toward Dak that Witten didn’t give equal or greater billing to a QB he played with 2 years as one he played with and was close friends with for 11 years.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get over the irrational need make exaggerated, and nonsensical accusations. Maybe he is biased, maybe not, but accusing him of “worship” only makes your own points, even if they are legitimate, look weaker because it comes across as if you have to resort to exaggerated nonsense, rather than logic, to make your point.

I'm not interested in how anything looks to you. I'm just making the correct point that he thinks Parcells quit while never having that thought of St. Jason Witten because of player worship.

It's the same reason this conversation is ongoing. Witten worship. Can't stand that I'm right about it. Must defend him at all cost.

Hey, remember when Barry Sanders was a quitter but now a player has a right to retire when he wants and stuff?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm not interested in how anything looks to you. I'm just making the correct point that he thinks Parcells quit while never having that thought of St. Jason Witten because of player worship.

It's the same reason this conversation is ongoing. Witten worship. Can't stand that I'm right about it. Must defend him at all cost.

Hey, remember when Barry Sanders was a quitter but now a player has a right to retire when he wants and stuff?
Parcells didn’t quit, he was fired by Jerry! You can verify this in the OP.
I always thought it was funny that people said Barry Sanders quit when at the time he retired, only one man (Walter Payton) had ever carried the ball more times. Exactly what did he have to do for people to let him walk away because he had enough?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I worship neither. You guess wrong.
I do not worship any player or coach. What do you not understand, I only said this like 3 or 4 times now.

You on the other hand worship Wentz, so go to your Eagles board and misinterpret stuff there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells didn’t quit, he was fired by Jerry! You can verify this in the OP.
I always thought it was funny that people said Barry Sanders quit when at the time he retired, only one man (Walter Payton) had ever carried the ball more times. Exactly what did he have to do for people to let him walk away because he had enough?

Jerry did not fire Parcels.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And I don’t care how anything looks to you, but I’m still going to tell you your comment is idiotic. Its a common tactic on here for people who cannot rely on logic and reason to make extreme accusations toward the other party in an effort to prop themselves up, and it really has the opposite effect with any reader that is capable of reason and logic. It doesn’t actually prop up your argument, it just comes across as an artificial attempt to make it appear your point is stronger.

If you think he is being biased, say so. But if your argument isn’t strong enough to stand on logic, and has to be propped up with silly accusations like this, your argument is the one that suffers.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
TLDR. I basically stopped after seeing you complain that Jerry wasn't crying.

I stopped after he said one of the greatest players ever. Lmao. Cowboy fans and their delusional views on these players. Same as people who think Romo is one of the all time greats.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I don’t care how anything looks to you, but I’m still going to tell you your comment is idiotic. Its a common tactic on here for people who cannot rely on logic and reason to make extreme accusations toward the other party in an effort to prop themselves up, and it really has the opposite effect with any reader that is capable of reason and logic. It doesn’t actually prop up your argument, it just comes across as an artificial attempt to make it appear your point is stronger.

If you think he is being biased, say so. But if your argument isn’t strong enough to stand on logic, and has to be propped up with silly accusations like this, your argument is the one that suffers.

Witten worshipper, there's a reason why this fan boy sees Parcells as a quitter but never for a second thought the same of St. Jason.

And that reason, wait for it, is he worships Witten. Like you do.

Logical and correct.

I bet you cried watching the press conference.